Lt. Commander
# 1 Returning Player Help
09-27-2011, 02:00 PM
OK I decided to reactive my account after a year to see what STO has to offer. I am currently having a couple of issues hopefully someone can help me out with.

I got the quest to go to Starbase 24. So I go there and enter the queue. I do the battle and it pops up with the reward saying I got 1st place. Before You used to get some sort of blue item well this time I got some sort of token. StarBase 24 token common token or something similar to that. My question is what do you use these tokens for?

Another issue I had is once the battle was complete I was attempting to beam down to the Starbase to finish the quest. Well I never got the option to beam down and after exploring around in the interface I get to in progress missions and it says "Secondary Mission" I was ineligible for it when I received it for some reason. I tried leaving group but that didn't work I even did the battle again and the same thing happened. Any advice would be appreciated.
Lt. Commander
# 2
09-27-2011, 02:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralSchaal View Post
OK I decided to reactive my account after a year to see what STO has to offer. I am currently having a couple of issues hopefully someone can help me out with.

I got the quest to go to Starbase 24. So I go there and enter the queue. I do the battle and it pops up with the reward saying I got 1st place. Before You used to get some sort of blue item well this time I got some sort of token. StarBase 24 token common token or something similar to that. My question is what do you use these tokens for?

Another issue I had is once the battle was complete I was attempting to beam down to the Starbase to finish the quest. Well I never got the option to beam down and after exploring around in the interface I get to in progress missions and it says "Secondary Mission" I was ineligible for it when I received it for some reason. I tried leaving group but that didn't work I even did the battle again and the same thing happened. Any advice would be appreciated.
I haven't SB24 in quite a while, I don't know that the token you are referring to is. As to your second question, if you've already done the secondary ground missions on that character, you can't do the mission again. There is mission replay available for all of the story missions. Patrol missions and Fleet Action missions, like SB24 ground, aren't in the mission replay system at the moment.
Lt. Commander
# 3
09-27-2011, 02:39 PM
isn't the token actually a floor trophy for your Ship's Lounge?

A couple of weeks ago I tried to do SB24 on a new alt. The ground portion didn't work for me either. I've not completed that portion of the Mission and I can still pick up the mission if I drop it, but it can't be completed because I can't beam down.
Lt. Commander
# 4
09-27-2011, 02:40 PM
I haven't done the ground mission yet that's the issue. As for the token it just said Starbase 24 commendation or something close to that, and in italics was common token. About all I can remember since I can't even find the token on my character. Maybe its related to the store.
Lt. Commander
# 5
09-27-2011, 02:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahnzoog View Post
isn't the token actually a floor trophy for your Ship's Lounge?

A couple of weeks ago I tried to do SB24 on a new alt. The ground portion didn't work for me either.
Well I guess it could be though I wouldn't think you would get it twice for being 1st I don't know. Of course it didn't say anything about it being a trophy just that it was some sort of token which I have no idea what tokens are used for.
Lt. Commander
# 6
09-27-2011, 02:44 PM
The token isn't really an item... it's a trophy that you can display in your ship's lounge. Go to the minimap dropdown button and choose Visit the Bridge, then go to the turbolift and then the crew deck. go to the largest room. There is a trophy wall there and as you approach you'll see a button for set up trophies. choose the floor trophy and then accolades. you'll see an option for star base 24. and Viola or violin or voila or whatever...
Lt. Commander
# 7
09-27-2011, 02:47 PM
Alright I'll give it a shot. On a side note do you still get rewarded blue items in these fleet actions or is it just these trophies/tokens?
Lt. Commander
# 8
09-27-2011, 02:57 PM
The trophy can only be awarded once. after that I think you get the blue item. I was in second place and I got a green item. After you get the accolade/token you should get the blue item if you're in first place again.
Lt. Commander
# 9
09-27-2011, 02:59 PM
I'm not logged in atm but I can say I got the token twice for being in first. maybe because I hadn't displayed the first one I dunno. Thx for the help I'll post here later when I give it another go.