Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1 Convoy Raiding
09-22-2011, 07:30 AM
I was thinking that a convoy raiding system would be a nice addition to the game, here's the premise, feel free to add feedback and suggestions.

The Federation is at war with almost everyone. Now with that in mind, supply convoys would be a common sight travelling through fed space to the front lines. What would be cool is if a convoy left, say the Sol system, en route to the Klingon front represented by a cargo vessel which would traverse sector space to it's destination. 5 fed players of any rank would be allowed to attach themselves to this convoy as guards. Klingon players would be allowed to approach the convoy (one to five players in a team of any rank) and assault it. An instance would start ,with 5 cargo vessels and the fed players next to them. The Klingon players would then have a time period to destroy as many as possible, while the feds try to stop them. Each cargo vessel would be worth an emblem to the Fed players and the Klink players would get one for every ship destroyed. The important thing is there would be no respawns, so if you where destroyed you get kicked to sector space. This would prevent the Klinks from just ignoring the feds and attacking the cargo vessels. as I said any rank players could take part in this so you could have a team of 5 Lt C guarding a convoy that a lone VA decides to assault or God help him a lone Miranda defending against 5 VA's. I think this would add a nice dynamic rather than just PVP. Also Cryptic could publish a list of convoy losses for each empire each week.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
09-23-2011, 04:47 AM
We have somethimg similiar in the Pi Canis sorties and I thought they where working on a OPvPE mission similiar to what you asked for..... though I have no idea what came of it.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
09-23-2011, 06:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
We have somethimg similiar in the Pi Canis sorties and I thought they where working on a OPvPE mission similiar to what you asked for..... though I have no idea what came of it.
Hmm I'm not sure TBH. I just thought it would cool to have something that would allow players to interact at all levels. The problem with this game is there is no fear factor, I played EVE for quite a while and was always worried that I would lose my ship or character. It added a sense of danger to the game that doesn't exist in STO. Where you simply can't die and respawn like a FPS. If you had a chance of losing your ship I'm sure people would play a whole lot differently. Team work would be more prevelant and people would proper ***** their pants when faced with a borg cube or such.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
09-23-2011, 06:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Decuis View Post
Hmm I'm not sure TBH. I just thought it would cool to have something that would allow players to interact at all levels. The problem with this game is there is no fear factor, I played EVE for quite a while and was always worried that I would lose my ship or character. It added a sense of danger to the game that doesn't exist in STO. Where you simply can't die and respawn like a FPS. If you had a chance of losing your ship I'm sure people would play a whole lot differently. Team work would be more prevelant and people would proper ***** their pants when faced with a borg cube or such.
I can say that the far of death was a fun element within EVE, though the atmosphere is too casual in STO for a perma-death set-up. I do support fully the ability to fail a mission and recieve (or not recieve) very limited XP for such occurences.

SInce we do not die permantly in STO and return hail and hearty to fight again, I now believe that STO is STOvokor and its here for us Klinks to fight, drink and feast until the end of days. With the federation happily playing the willing foe.

It is a good day to Die, again!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
09-23-2011, 06:18 AM
Quote:
It is a good day to Die, again!
Roach

Indeed my friend today is a good day to day, so lets drink and lets fight!!!!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
09-23-2011, 06:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
I can say that the far of death was a fun element within EVE, though the atmosphere is too casual in STO for a perma-death set-up. I do support fully the ability to fail a mission and recieve (or not recieve) very limited XP for such occurences.

SInce we do not die permantly in STO and return hail and hearty to fight again, I now believe that STO is STOvokor and its here for us Klinks to fight, drink and feast until the end of days. With the federation happily playing the willing foe.

It is a good day to Die, again!
Are you sure it's STOvokor? I didn't think Klingon heaven would have klinks getting pasted all the time. One of the reasons I now have a nice cosy Klink skin rug on my ready room floor to keep my feet toasty

What they need to bring out is a tribble assault beam over skill for feds to use on klink ships!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
09-28-2011, 06:07 PM
I was thinking of this here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudley_Morton

3: A space mini-STF/Open-PVP...thing. Klingon Commerce Raiding, Naussican and Orion Pirates? Times are tough for the Federation. The supplies just aren't getting to the front. Every X time period, a massive convoy of very much needed war material forms up outside of Sol, Vulcan, or Andoria headed for K7, DS9, or Starbase 39 (Origination and Destination points are random).

It'll have to be a big open event like the Borg DSE's in Gamma Orionis allowing for many players of both sides. Also, it'll take time. A convoy is only as fast as it's slowest ship. So, while my Galaxy X is capable of Warp 10, that Deuterium Tanker is only capable of Warp 4.

We get notification of a convoy forming similar to the Borg Red Alerts. We then hail an NPC mission giver that tells us a convoy is forming and then they order us to join the escort force. We rendezvous at the system and head out towards our destination. A single Klingon/Nausiccan/Orion player can then attack the group, causing it to drop out of Sector Space into a DSE-like map, but they'll get slaughtered by the escort force. Conversely, if no or only a couple Starfleet ships show up to act as an Escort Force, a Coordinated enemy attack by a full team will roll you and slaughter the merchant ships.

But, I digress. When every member of the escort force beats off the attackers and drops Red Alert, the convoy goes back to warp, hoping to get to it's destination before being attacked again.

It should be hard. It should take a long time. The mission reward should reflect that. But, I also think it'd be A LOT of fun.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:24 AM.