Lt. Commander
# 1 need your suggestions!
09-27-2011, 01:08 PM
ok with first contact missions appearing to no longer be in existence, i need to know peoples suggestions on getting Diplomatic points easier and faster so i can hit ambassador on all my toons.

im up for any suggestions or ideas people may have, i may even toss you a reward of some sort.
Lt. Commander
# 2
09-27-2011, 01:52 PM

As much as this is no quick method, I couldn't find a quicker one so this is what I did:

1. Accept star cluster missions to explore 3 systems.
2. Go to star cluster in question.
3. Go to closest anomoly.
4. Scan anomlaous reading or enter unknown system.
5. If it's not a diplomatic mission (there's only 4 types iirc, and you'll quickly get a feel for which are and which aren't) warp to sector.
6. Repeat steps 3 - 5 until you've got your 3 systems peacefully explored, giving you a total of 30 DXP.
7. Contact relevant NPC, hand in mission and start again from step 1.

Missions which are definitely going to give DXP are instantly recogniseable in the following ways:

1. It will say "Aid the planet" in the objective window as soon as you zone in.
2. The first dialog upon zoning in will be from your science officer who states the colony on the planet need your help with a "vexing issue".
3. The first dialog upon zoning in will be from your science officer stating a Mokia freighter reported being struck by an energy beam from the planet.
4. The first dialog upon zoning in will say something about strange energy readings from the planet.

Red Flags which indicate the mission doesn't give DXP and instead involves pew pew:

1. The objective window will say "Enemy Confrontation" or "Defeat enemy squadrons"
2. The objective window will say "Gather data samples 0/5" (yes, no DXP for scanning down free data samples)
3. If at any time a dialog pops and mentions a downed satellite, or a meteor that crashed into the planet, drop it like a bad habit and go check another anomoly, because as soon as you beam down to those, you find a host of enemies beat you to it.

Now if you're like me you'll often get frustrated at how many pew pew missions you have to drop before you find those DXP ones. I'm a fairly casual player (but have been here since launch) and using the above method I only hit Ambassador on Sunday so that's almost 2 years of grind (with several long breaks scattered around).

I would say "enjoy", but maybe just "good luck" would be more fitting.
Lt. Commander
# 3
09-27-2011, 02:33 PM
Here is a fragment of a post I wrote in response to another thread... Should be helpful
  • Leveling your character in Diplomatic expirience is sort of a grind, but still well worth it. The Transwarp abilities alone make it worth the efford:
    • Transwarp to ESD (You already have this),
    • Transwarp to K7,
    • Transwarp to Starbase 39 (Sierra),
    • Transwarp to DS9.

Having theese is a huge time saver, and you get a free uniform and a Orion sla... Orion exchange officer (or another KDF species).
  • To find your current progress, click on the bar, indicating your progrees, and in the dialouge that appears, theres a tab for DXP.
  • When the Duty Officer system is released, you're gonna need either freinds who are DXP maxed, or be maxed yourself, so you can get access to the Klingon sector.
  • Some storyline missions give DXP and apart from thoose missions that provide DXP are:
    • Discover Ships fate (When No combat included)
    • Aid the Planet
    • Scan 5 <mineralName> (When no combat included)
    Apart from that there are:
    • 5 Missions at memory alpha
    • 1 Mission at Vulcan
    • 1 Mission at Bajor
    • 1 MIssion at Starbase Sierra

Oh... and unless we are talking C-Points, I don't want rewards... I am here to help
Lt. Commander
# 4
09-28-2011, 03:17 PM
Here's an exploit I use to grind Diplo points quickly. You do need another player however for this to work.

Find a "Discover Ship's Fate" mission. One that does not include combat. Team up with someone and enter the mission together. Once both of you read through the alien's request for assistance dialog and have accepted the mission, ask your teammate to leave & drop from the team. Complete the mission and leave. Once you're back in sector space, team up with your friend, accept the mission, and run it again and again following the same procedure. As long as your teammate doesn't complete the mission, you can pick it up from him as many times as you need it. Now your teammate who's holding the mission for you doesn't need to be in the Nebula or Cluster the mission is in. He can be anywhere on the sector map. In order for you to pick up the mission however, you have to be in the Nebula or Cluster it's located in. You also have to be teamed up as well.

I use a "Discover Ship's Fate" mission because if you find the right one, you just fly straight, scan ships, & finish the mission in about 1 minute. To reach Ambassador status you need 1360 Diplo points. At 10 DP per mission, you need to complete 136 missions. If you're focused, you can reach Ambassador status in under 3 hours using this strategy. If you're rich with energy credit, I guess you can substitute an "Aid the Planet" mission & farm loot while you're at it too. Hope this helps.
Lt. Commander
# 5
09-28-2011, 03:24 PM
"Discover ship's fate"? That's a laugh. "Discover ship's fate" means spend 90 seconds at maximum impulse approaching the ship to then be jumped by a squadron of Remans or whoever wants to kick your ba-hizzle this time around. Follow my guidelines, and the more you want to grind, the more progress you will make. If you've got time to spare you can easily get 120 DXP or even double that in a day. It just depends how sado-masochistic you want to be about the whole thing.

Sound familiar:

"One minute [shipname]...

Picking up a Reman ship entering the system."

"Oh really? Bye!" Warp to sector. lol
Lt. Commander
# 6
09-28-2011, 03:47 PM
thank you all, im 52 missions away. i will try this friend Aid planet mission. i have over a million EC on all my toons. and if that doesnt work than i will keep to the tactic of just flying around and taking the chance.

while im doing this im getting the achievment for exploring. still said they took out first contact missions.
Lt. Commander
# 7
09-28-2011, 03:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palmera
thank you all, im 52 missions away. i will try this friend Aid planet mission. i have over a million EC on all my toons. and if that doesnt work than i will keep to the tactic of just flying around and taking the chance.

while im doing this im getting the achievment for exploring. still said they took out first contact missions.
Just on the EC note - try to buy your aid supplies from outposts like ESD, Starbase 39-Sierra or DS9, since they cost twice as much to replicate while in space. Commodity brokers will tell you which supplies you need for each region of space.
Lt. Commander
# 8
09-28-2011, 03:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Varlo
Just on the EC note - try to buy your aid supplies from outposts like ESD, Starbase 39-Sierra or DS9, since they cost twice as much to replicate while in space. Commodity brokers will tell you which supplies you need for each region of space.
you can find me at @palmera

right now im carrying about 50-100 of everything. taking a break right now, will see you tomorrow.

again thanks
Lt. Commander
# 9
09-28-2011, 09:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Varlo
"Discover ship's fate"? That's a laugh. "Discover ship's fate" means spend 90 seconds at maximum impulse approaching the ship to then be jumped by a squadron of Remans or whoever wants to kick your ba-hizzle this time around. Follow my guidelines, and the more you want to grind, the more progress you will make. If you've got time to spare you can easily get 120 DXP or even double that in a day. It just depends how sado-masochistic you want to be about the whole thing.
That's why I said you want the missions that DON'T have combat. I've taken enough friends through the "Find Ship" missions to know it only takes 60 sec at most to complete them. Full impulse, tap Q key twice to slow down, scan, then Full impulse again. Short & painless.