Go Back   Star Trek Online > Test Servers > Tribble - Announcements and Release Notes
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
09-29-2011, 02:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salami_Inferno
We are in the process of adding a way for Silver players to pay C-Points or Dilithium to unlock a single foundry editing slot. The details aren't available yet, but know that it is probably coming soon.
That's an awesome idea.
Lt. Commander
# 12
09-29-2011, 02:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Specter2
how do we copy our charaters onto the tribble f2p server?
Did you not read what the dev's have put up all over the site? it doesnt just say it on this topic but it says it over at the Path to F2P Dev Blog from at http://www.startrekonline.com/node/2623
READ before posting.
Lt. Commander
# 13
09-29-2011, 03:05 PM
Hold it, Full Stop.

I thought the NEW new Tutorials would be coming here, you know, the one that takes place at Starfleet Academy, with the Borg stuff at Vega Colony becoming a part of the Borg STFs at the end of the game..?

What the heck? IS this all we're getting as far as "new" Tutorials go? Another polishing of the same thing we've had since launch?

Cryptic, I am Dissapoint.
Lt. Commander
# 14
09-29-2011, 03:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katic View Post
Hold it, Full Stop.

I thought the NEW new Tutorials would be coming here, you know, the one that takes place at Starfleet Academy, with the Borg stuff at Vega Colony becoming a part of the Borg STFs at the end of the game..?

What the heck? IS this all we're getting as far as "new" Tutorials go? Another polishing of the same thing we've had since launch?

Cryptic, I am Dissapoint.
Ditto. and OH so tired of waiting
Lt. Commander
# 15
09-29-2011, 03:08 PM
New character. Right away I notice that I'm in shooter mode. It's nice. However when I go to report in, I find that the F key doesn't bring up the dialogue box- no, instead I have to exit shooter mode to RPG mode in order to get my cursor, then click the interaction button on the right hand side of the screen.

This is, for a number of reasons, ridiculous.

Before transporting over to the Khitomer, I notice a tooltip pops up saying something, and with the 'close me' button being (enter)- however hitting enter boots up the chat. The close button has alternated on these tooltips between (.) and (enter)- but it stays the former even when the tooltip is the latter.

Again, this is something that needs to change.

I see that you've made the shield facing bars change colour depending on how damaged they are- this is a great change and I applaud it.

new red alert symbol looks nice.
Lt. Commander
# 16
09-29-2011, 03:12 PM
Are we to assume, that if a player chooses not to pay post-F2P, he/she will find his/her character(s) losing any and all boffs beyond the silver maximum of four (or however many slots purchased)?
Lt. Commander
# 17
09-29-2011, 03:17 PM
Can't wait for this to hit holodeck...
Lt. Commander
# 18
09-29-2011, 03:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salami_Inferno
We are in the process of adding a way for Silver players to pay C-Points or Dilithium to unlock a single foundry editing slot. The details aren't available yet, but know that it is probably coming soon.
Seriously, I don't know why you guys are bothering with all the monthly subscription portion (beyond LTS players like myself) - as honestly, you DO NOT give enough incentive for ANYONE to "go Gold" (IMO) in STO.

That's interesting in that in one of the lst interviews given by DSthal; he said that you guys didn't want to 'destroy their subscription business - but honestly - I don't see what people get for paying $10.00 a month (with $5 of that effectively reimbursed with 400 CP.)

And before anyone starts in with the "You hate Silvers" line - No, I honestly don't. I want to see STO continue to be profitable; and UNLIKE Champuions Online - where Gold (subscription) get you access to Free Forn character creation; STO (with Foundry access being sold on a oer slot basis) (and again IMO) doesn't really give Gold enough in that honestly - taking that $15.00 a month and using it in the C-Store will effective get them LTS access for one character very quickly under the cuurrent C-Store price structure (which it has been said in many an interview and Dev post that they DON'T see C-Store prices rising and again while that isn't a bad thing per se - again; I don't see anything left that would temp me if I were not an LTS already and were an F2P Silver player coming in - to subcribe for gold access to STO - and from what I saw of CO's overall success in F2P - maintaining Subscribers does help; but they seem to be comp;letely abandoning trying to lure monthly subscriptions in STO - and unless they know something I don't; I just don't see how that helps STOs profitability long term.
Lt. Commander
# 19
09-29-2011, 03:23 PM
One thing I noticed almost immediately while doing Stranded in Space, I was awarded merits for the tactical option:
Quote:
Your tactical training has paid off.
You received 1 Bridge Officer Skill Points
You received 2 Starfleet Merits
Do we /bug this or post it? =)

(Edit: Well, I tried to bug it in game, but got an error about the ticket system timing out.)
Lt. Commander
# 20
09-29-2011, 03:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protector View Post
One thing I noticed almost immediately while doing Stranded in Space, I was awarded merits for the tactical option:

Do we /bug this or post it? =)
Always take the time to register the bug in-game via ticket.