Lt. Commander
# 11
09-29-2011, 07:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychogobstopper
To be honest, that doesn't seem very useful for the majority of people who are likely to help test on Tribble. I would imagine most of those people already have at least one character at level cap, if not more. On the Fed side, it doesn't really take all that long to hit level cap anyway, especially with the XP boost in the Borg DSEs and the 15-minute XP boost item you get for completing the Borg Invasion Daily. I suppose if it's not Bind On Pick-Up, that might make it a little more useful (mail it to your KDF toon?).

(Also, still hoping we can get an RSS feed for these Path to F2P posts.)
To add to this some of us still have one from the 1 year anniversary on each of our VAs these things are just gonna be sitting around in storage until the level cap gets increased whenever that's coming.
Lt. Commander
# 12
09-29-2011, 07:22 PM
Quote:
As a bonus, within the three weeks following when the F2P build is live, we'll be giving out awards to your character on Holodeck based on what you accomplished on Tribble. If you get a Federation character from start to level 11, we'll give you a free 8 hour XP boost item. If you get to level 31, we'll give you a reasonably large chunk of dilithium (exactly how much depends a bit on how the economy tunes up in testing, but this will be a meaningful award). And if you get a character to level 51, we'll give you a bonus ship slot and a unique title that only the most elite Tribblers will have. This award only applies to Federation characters that freshly started on Tribble. It does not apply to characters that transfer in once we open up character transfer.
I am assuming that the testing rewards are account-wide? If not, can they be transferred to an alt? I'd rather give them to a Klingon toon, particularly the XP boost. At any rate, this gives me a bit more of an incentive to test my *** off.
Lt. Commander
# 13
09-29-2011, 07:23 PM
Quote:
If you get a Federation character from start to level 11, we'll give you a free 8 hour XP boost item. If you get to level 31, we'll give you a reasonably large chunk of dilithium (exactly how much depends a bit on how the economy tunes up in testing, but this will be a meaningful award). And if you get a character to level 51, we'll give you a bonus ship slot and a unique title that only the most elite Tribblers will have.
Challenge Accepted
Lt. Commander
Ok, I think its just said in a confusing way but I want to be sure, do we have to wait to start leveling the character after F2P goes live or can we start now if we would like the rewards? The way it was worded it seems like we have to wait till its live first or we wont get the bonuses for getting the characters to 11, 31 and 51.
Lt. Commander
# 15
09-29-2011, 07:27 PM
Ohhh, interesting rewards for leveling a toon!

The only negative I have to say about this is that most people will be doing whatever is fastest to level on. And that means, NOT the Duty Officer System I suspect. I believe Heretic wanted feedback on that aspect of the system.
Lt. Commander
# 16
09-29-2011, 07:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterz86 View Post
Ok, I think its just said in a confusing way but I want to be sure, do we have to wait to start leveling the character after F2P goes live or can we start now if we would like the rewards? The way it was worded it seems like we have to wait till its live first or we wont get the bonuses for getting the characters to 11, 31 and 51.
This starts on TRIBBLE as of now. They want as many people playing the F2P Test Server as possible for load testing, bug reporting and feedback.
Lt. Commander
# 17
09-29-2011, 07:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirror-Master

The only negative I have to say about this is that most people will be doing whatever is fastest to level on. And that means, NOT the Duty Officer System I suspect. I believe Heretic wanted feedback on that aspect of the system.
Defend missions and high xp missions only for me

Although i have noticed the missions im playing so far have a huge xp payout
Lt. Commander
# 18
09-29-2011, 07:34 PM
That interface looks most excellent!
Definitely a massive improvement
Lt. Commander
# 19
09-29-2011, 07:43 PM
What i can't understand is they have a

Goal: Get people to test NEW content and systems

Implementation: Reward people for avoiding new systems and level gate many of them

Anybody else
Lt. Commander
# 20
09-29-2011, 08:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirror-Master

But likely people who are going to power level will still hit the duty officer system to make it go that much faster and once people max out a toon some will be curious enough about the new STFs to give them a go. These rewards don't necessarily rule out further rewards for progress in the DOff system and STFs. They may still be yet to be announced. I'm too lazy to dig up the reference but it seems like Heretic did mention that we would get rewards for testing the DOff system based on how many commendation categories we ranked up and how far we ranked them.