Lt. Commander
# 1 Lost my Characters!!?!?!?!?
09-30-2011, 06:30 AM
I just re-upped my sub for another month and now it is saying I don't have any characters on my account!!!!!

I've submitted a ticket but this is so not good!!!!!!
Lt. Commander
# 2
09-30-2011, 06:35 AM
If you are referring to the my characters page on the main site it will do that if you haven't logged in for a while.
Lt. Commander
# 3
09-30-2011, 06:39 AM
Tribble?? or Holodeck??
Lt. Commander
# 4
09-30-2011, 06:52 AM
Yeah, you need to be more specific. Are they missing on Holodeck, Tribble, or Redshirt; or are you just talking about the My Characters section on the forum? No one has characters on Tribble or Redshirt and the My Characters things on the forum does not register characters until you log back in and play them again - as the system was changed about a month or so ago.
Lt. Commander
# 5
09-30-2011, 07:08 AM
One of the release notes said something about a Player Wipe on Tribble, as I recall. Some Issue with wanting every player to go through the Tutorial. If you started with an Admiral, you would miss that.
Lt. Commander
# 6
09-30-2011, 10:41 AM
This is on Holodeck, I canceled my sub for about 2 weeks till I got paid then re-subbed today. I've only been out of the game maybe 3 weeks. I was on STO's website yesterday and my characters were visible on the my character page. Then I re-subbed and pow they weren't there anymore, not visible anywhere I'll have to log into the game tonight to see if they really are gone.
Lt. Commander
# 7
09-30-2011, 10:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MECHTECH09 View Post
This is on Holodeck, I canceled my sub for about 2 weeks till I got paid then re-subbed today. I've only been out of the game maybe 3 weeks. I was on STO's website yesterday and my characters were visible on the my character page. Then I re-subbed and pow they weren't there anymore, not visible anywhere I'll have to log into the game tonight to see if they really are gone.
And there we go.

They aren't gone in game. As stated in the thread they are just gone from the character viewer on the website.

It is a very common scare.
Lt. Commander
# 8
09-30-2011, 11:48 AM
If you are talking about the Captains database, I think there are frequent problems with that.

Cryptic has a Policy of Not Deleting Player Lists, even in Account Laps or Cancellation. Players who later choose to return find that all is well.
Lt. Commander
# 9
09-30-2011, 12:02 PM
As Chat so kindly stated: They aren't gone.

The "issue" is that Cryptic uses a combination of Drupal 6 with the Views module installed.

This module then connects to the player database, and is updated whenever a character is updated.

This however also means that the Cache is not renewed on chars that havnt been used in a while, and as such it appears that chars are gone, when you resub after a short while.

As such it is not a bug, issue of error, but a feature designed into the Views module, to help save diskspace and keep webpage speed up.
Lt. Commander
# 10
09-30-2011, 12:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MECHTECH09 View Post
Log into the actual game (via the client); and I'm 100% certain you'll see all your characters. the 'Captain's Database' on the website hasn't been working right a lot of the time; so using it as a indicator for the existemnce of characters isn't a good idea atm.