Lt. Commander
What do you make of this? I've recently installed a new HDD and performed a clean install of STO for the first time since launch, but the launcher doesn't look right.

Alecto's STO launcher (click to view).
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-01-2011, 06:22 AM
what OS are you running? and have you updated all your drivers, is this or anyother issues also occuring on the gameclient.exe ingame as thats just the launcher.exe
Lt. Commander
# 3
10-01-2011, 08:37 AM
As far as I can see, both my motherboard chip set and graphics card drivers are up to date. I don't think there's any other drivers I need to install.

And yes sorry my bad, this graphical error is only effecting the launcher, as you can see via the image link.

I'm running Windows XP 32 bit, and I've not noticed any other issues other than this.
Lt. Commander
# 4
10-01-2011, 08:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alecto View Post
As far as I can see, both my motherboard chip set and graphics card drivers are up to date. I don't think there's any other drivers I need to install.

And yes sorry my bad, this graphical error is only effecting the launcher, as you can see via the image link.

I'm running Windows XP 32 bit, and I've not noticed any other issues other than this.
Check your MSIE browser settings - it may be set to block more than you'd like 9and that's why some graphics and such aren't being downloaded. Also, since you state it's a clean install, have yoyu done all the critical MS updates to the system as yet?
Lt. Commander
# 5
10-01-2011, 09:20 AM
If MSIE is Internet Explorer, I use Google Chrome and I'm not sure which settings to change in IE if you're right and the launcher's graphics are somehow blocked by IE.

I have installed all MS updates, as well as JAVA and Adobe. I turned my security and firewall system off to check if that was somehow blocking the launcher from getting all it needed, but it wasn't so I re-enabled that.

I've force varied all files with no errors returned, so this is quite confusing, though it wont stop me from playing the game.
Lt. Commander
# 6
10-01-2011, 10:09 AM
Silly me not thinking MS Internet Explorer had any connection to the launcher. lol

I didn't update MSIE because I was using Google Chrome, but just updated to MSIE 8 and the issue is resolved.

Thank you both for responding in guiding me in the right direction, much appreciated.