Lt. Commander
# 81
02-21-2009, 04:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IT_IS_GREEN View Post
I don't mean to sound like a nowitall, but Stargazers have been seen. Picard's ship the stargazer was, well, a stargazer, and it is seen in The Battle. Also, the same ship appears on the covers of several of the stargazer books by michael jan friedman.
There's a new Stargazer class, the USS Stargazer commanded by Picard was a Constellation class
Lt. Commander
# 82
02-21-2009, 04:20 PM
Nice screenshots. My only criticism is for the snow planet image: I don't understand why replacing the big glowing red panels on klingon buildings with big orange ones constitutes an improvement. Can't buildings just be buildings without glowing lines and panels all over the place?

Keep in mind that being conservative with glowing things and flashy design elements gives them more value, because the player is not being constantly bombarded by it. I think most people are ok with the stylized art direction; but excessive use of bright colours and glowing things will make the game look like World of ********.
Lt. Commander
# 83
02-21-2009, 04:45 PM
The screenshots were lovely.

My only concern is that this is the second time a 3rd party website has screenshots, that were not on the website, that has been linked in an offical Dev post, Any chance you could update your own website first? for those who's PC's can't access IGN for whatever reasons?
Lt. Commander
# 84
02-21-2009, 04:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genex View Post

My only concern is that this is the second time a 3rd party website has screenshots, that were not on the website, that has been linked in an offical Dev post, Any chance you could update your own website first? for those who's PC's can't access IGN for whatever reasons?

How come you can't access IGN? I live in the UK and can get on it with no probs... That's very strange
Lt. Commander
# 85
02-21-2009, 05:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by djnattyd View Post
How come you can't access IGN? I live in the UK and can get on it with no probs... That's very strange
Oh, I can, I just remembered reading that someone wasn't able to at their work's PC, where as they can access STO's website, so inbrief, 'STO is more accessable to others then IGN', would be alot easier for fans
Lt. Commander
# 86
02-21-2009, 07:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genex View Post

This is my own concern, why is it that we don't see this on the main website as well why aren't we seeing any new images going out to smaller sites? Are they simply not contacting Cryptic or is there some type of favoritism going on? Please dont take it the wrong way, however i keep seeing this going to other and more corp owned websites.
Lt. Commander
# 87
02-21-2009, 07:35 PM
The screen shots were good. Seeing some of the other vessels other than star fleet is welcome with a caption as to who's they are as well would be nice.
Lt. Commander
# 88
02-21-2009, 09:13 PM
not very interesting screen shots the same as most
Lt. Commander
# 89
02-21-2009, 09:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IT_IS_GREEN View Post
I don't mean to sound like a nowitall, but Stargazers have been seen. Picard's ship the stargazer was, well, a stargazer, and it is seen in The Battle. Also, the same ship appears on the covers of several of the stargazer books by michael jan friedman.
that was the USS Stargazer a constelation class ship. there is a new class created by Cryptic called the Stargazer class.
Lt. Commander
# 90 Whoa!
02-21-2009, 10:53 PM
I simply can't wait. I look forward to every new screen shots update as well as new Ask Cryptic posts!