Lt. Commander
# 21
10-02-2011, 12:29 PM
it's a pain to re level, especially since there isn't much new content besides the doff system. The whole grind through the game to help test it doesn't really wash with me, especially after a seven month content drought.

These rewards, especially the "signifigant amount of dilithium" at level 31 are made more aggravating by the the rumor of a certain dev power leveling a group of players past the grind.

I've gotten up to level 12, going solo to see what the game would feel like to a total new F2P player that doesnt read too much and just wants to plug along.

I tried to assume that I had no idea what STO was or what to do in it and right off the bat I encountered some serious deal breakers, particulary the issues with scaling and frustrations with a lack of options for combat in space, the initial unlocking of the DOFF system and the inability to move around a locked in episode sequence.

My fear is that at this point the Devs have a set group of testers and inside players that blow smoke and give no meaningful critical feedback. Podcasters and STO bloggers/forum fans that have the inside track because they don't rock the boat are only going to water down the game experience and it's long term viability will suffer as a result.
Lt. Commander
# 22
10-02-2011, 07:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sardoc
And that is your choice, which is perfectly reasonable. But still your choice.

For those of us that will grind it out and test to make sure everything looks great, don't touch our rewards :p
I wouldn't be at all surprised to see them on the C-Store like our pre-order and CE 'exclusives' LOL

That said, if someone puts in the time testing, I don't see the issue with giving them a perk. If someone wants the perk, do the work to get it.

Working as intended, OP.
Closed Thread