Lt. Commander
Ok first the pros, the art updates to Deep Space Nine are brilliant and are very close to what it looked like in the show, Ops, The Siskoís Office, the Promenade and Quarkís now look amazing, and the Wormhole outside the window is stunning.
Now the cons, the only three real things Iím not keen on are that the doors are still these huge barnyard like doors, Iíd like to see them resized like the new door to The Sisko's Office, and where the shutters were at outside Quark's is now this black wall (which is kind of head scratching as the shutters are in the bar), and that the exterior still has that brown nebula (but that might be updated in a later patch for all i know as itís not there in the interior), thereís also a Romulan console opposite the bank but thatís more of a bug.
Iím not too fussed about the size of the interior or that thereís no Security Office or Infirmary, those could be sorted down the line, and other than that the improvements to Deep Space Nine are all kinds of awesome.
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-01-2011, 12:01 PM
I love Sisko's office, ops and Quark's bar. But the rest of it seems half-done and unfinished. especially the promenade. The doors need to be resized and make Quark's bar part of the same instance as the promenade. I'd also like to see the stairways added even if you can't use them. And there needs to be more NPCs and better ambient sounds to give it a more busy feeling.
Lt. Commander
# 3
10-02-2011, 07:21 AM
And some functioning Transporter pads (beam-in, beam-out) somewhere in the station.

I heard they removed the ones in Ops......
Lt. Commander
# 4
10-02-2011, 08:31 PM
It's taking the good with the bad when you see DS9 on Tribble.

The good is that they are moving to make at least one place more like it should have been at the start. It's still not right, but it's getting there.

The bad is that it took so long to have things not quite the way they should look, and that time was spent on this instead of handling the lack of something new to do that's gone on for 8 months, now.

It gives stuff like this a "too little, too late" feel.
Lt. Commander
# 5
10-02-2011, 09:38 PM
I find that one of the bigger Problems in design is the Scaling. For the most part, Cryptic has said that at launch they didn't have the capabilities to make things to scale or to make things more accurate due to camera limitations. but seeing how now they do and now they are even hiring more people you think they'd be able to get more people on it to make things more to size. other wise they might be losing people to that "OTHER" F2P Star Trek MMO coming out later.

As for the other DS9 updates, yeah, that stuff is pretty nice, so keep it up Cryptic.
Lt. Commander
# 6
10-02-2011, 11:23 PM
On the scaling issue, I can live with the walls and ceiling and doors being huge, but the furniture (tables, chairs, etc.) really ought to fit the scale of the characters. Allegedly a character may be 185 cm tall according to the character creator, but with furniture apparently made for somebody 250 cm tall they look kind of short.