Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Shipyards
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
10-03-2011, 09:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by claydermunch View Post
I doubt the romulans would have just sad down on their asses never coming around to create their own warp capable ships. (and really that whole no warp pre klinker thing from Balance of terror is just wacky anyway but hey its canon...)
The Romulan ship in Balance of Terror apparently could not warp while cloaked (the cloak apparently used too much power), but the fact that it hit at least three outposts that were not in the same solar system in a short span of time implies that it had at least some warp capability even if it was inferior to the Warp 8 that was standard for Federation and Klingon cruisers at the time.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12
10-04-2011, 12:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiClari View Post
The Romulan ship in Balance of Terror apparently could not warp while cloaked (the cloak apparently used too much power), but the fact that it hit at least three outposts that were not in the same solar system in a short span of time implies that it had at least some warp capability even if it was inferior to the Warp 8 that was standard for Federation and Klingon cruisers at the time.
The warp capability in that episode was an incredibly foolish error aimed at showing that the Romulan ship was slower without resorting to spitting around numbers like warp factors.
However with a tiny bit of background knowledge it made no sense.
Especially since the Romulan ship could fly back from the Federation outposts to the Romulan Neutral Zone under cloak, which would have taken months if not years without FTL.

In addition we know the ROmulans had access to at least a few D7s by the end of the 2260s and at the end of "The Enterprise Incident" the D7 following the Enterprise was gaining on her even though she was at Warp 9.
And by the time of the Narendar III incident the Romulans have had over 70 years to learn what made the D7 go that fast.
So I don't think that's the answer.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
10-04-2011, 01:08 AM
If we want to include continuity from "Enterprise", it was shown that the Romulans had Warp Five technology at least as early as humans had (but had not yet advanced to the Warp Seven that the Vulcans have at that time). It takes the Enterprise significant time at maximum warp to overtake the Romulan Drone Ship.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14 Ambassador class
10-18-2011, 05:10 PM
I want to see that we get the Original Design Ambassador class as seen in Yesterday's Enterprise and the look from the Calanders. WHEN IS IT COMING OUT I WANT A NEW SHIP ALREADY
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15 Well....
10-20-2011, 06:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by humanoideye
I want to see that we get the Original Design Ambassador class as seen in Yesterday's Enterprise and the look from the Calanders. WHEN IS IT COMING OUT I WANT A NEW SHIP ALREADY
It would be nice to know when it's coming into the game wouldn't it? Until then....hey let's all have fun by using non-canon New cryptic ships!.....Yayyyyyyy!!!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
10-21-2011, 11:18 AM
It will probably hit the C-store at some point after the F2P goes live. Hopefully sometime early next year we'll get it. I wouldn't mind having one.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 17
10-21-2011, 01:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adml_shake View Post
It will probably hit the C-store at some point after the F2P goes live. Hopefully sometime early next year we'll get it. I wouldn't mind having one.
Have they even confirmed its comming? (other than on the drawing boards??)
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 18
10-21-2011, 02:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by whamhammer View Post
Have they even confirmed its comming? (other than on the drawing boards??)
I thought it was on the Eng. reports at some point. I remember seeing it there, and they've never said it was cancelled so I'm hoping that they either tell us they can't or that it comes out sometime next year.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 19 The Answer...
10-22-2011, 02:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adml_shake View Post
I thought it was on the Eng. reports at some point. I remember seeing it there, and they've never said it was cancelled so I'm hoping that they either tell us they can't or that it comes out sometime next year.
The Ambassador Class was first reported on the Engineering Reports about a year ago (if not slightly longer). I remember this because I was waiting to purchase STO and I waited forever and just imploded because I wanted to play the game so badly that I went out and bought it.

There is several DEV interviews which reference The Ambassador Class, and in process of developing it for an upcoming update in the near future, however those reports are inaccurate. Captain Logan posted within the last month or so that he has not begun work on the Ambassador Class. Therefore it was not cancelled, it just will never be made....within the foreseeable future.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 20
10-22-2011, 04:40 PM
While I like the idea of it being a T5 or T4.5 what ever, I would to point out a better source for you to quote from. Here is my favorite one.

"The Enterprise {in reference to an ambassador class} responded to the attack, and despite being destroyed there, defended it long enough to impress the Klingon High Council; hostilities ended almost immediately between the Klingon Empire and the Federation. (TNG: "Yesterday's Enterprise") "

http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Ambassador_class

This is one of my fav. designs equal to the nebula and the intrepid. I may catch flack for that, but I just dont like the bulky and clunkyness of the NCC-1701-D
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:13 PM.