Lt. Commander
# 21
10-04-2011, 01:04 AM
it looks like the reward will be given in F2P goes live on holodeck... they mentioned about 3 weeks... When... you Transfer your Character/Toon from Tribble to Holodeck.. this suggests you transfer your toon/character when they allow you too from tribble to holodeck.. and the gift for helping test the game will be for that character or toon.
Lt. Commander
# 22
10-04-2011, 01:21 AM
Thank you for the privilage to be able to test the new F2P system. This is an honor and the only reward that is nessary for me. But I will gladly take whatever reward you guys give out. I just wish I had more time to play and test the game out. I have been exclusivly playing on tribble since it relaunched with the F2P content.

Now for a sugestion that I think will make life easier for all players in general. It has to do with the UI. When we adjust the UI instead of using the green interface to move and adjust everything could we just have the normal windows instead. Everytime I have to readjust my UI I have to keep going in and out to get everything just rite. It really is quite a pain because the green panels do not accuratly depict the accual interface correctly. They are either too big or too small and alot of times just slight adjustments cause the panels to overlap quite often especially on the space UI. Just a little sugestion.
Lt. Commander
# 23
10-04-2011, 03:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdangelo View Post
I would love to make many of the award items so they are fully valued and tradable, but if we do this, then the item would be claimed once by one character.
I would prefer that the rewards have 0 economic value in game and claimable on every character like the Tribbles we have gotten on every test weekend since day 1.
Lt. Commander
# 24
10-04-2011, 04:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
Well, that was a bit underwhelming. Even so, its better than nothing, so thanks for the update. But hopefully we'll get some meatier info in the future.
Well, I have to say I got a new wallpaper out of this one. Double-click the image of the tribbles and its larger enough for use as a desktop image.

Now my computer has been overrun with the furry critters.

Regarding the offerings for those who test. ... I've no problems with it as its better than nothing.
Lt. Commander
# 25 Make it for every character
10-04-2011, 05:09 AM
Let us have the reward for every character please. Adding another item to sell on the exchange when the game is awash in credits now and when the exchange is no money sink isn't a good idea. It's also not nearly as good of a reward if you can only claim it once for one character. So please...unlock it for the entire account, make it untradeable.

Also, if it is a unique boff for example, please give us a boff slot to use it. Some of my characters have a full complement of purple boffs.
Lt. Commander
# 26
10-04-2011, 06:22 AM
So F2P is going to launch in 3 weeks regardless of the state of the game? Seriously?

What's currently broken is not going to be fixed in 3 weeks.
Lt. Commander
# 27
10-04-2011, 06:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enterprise-D View Post
I would prefer that the rewards have 0 economic value in game and claimable on every character like the Tribbles we have gotten on every test weekend since day 1.
You've got my vote on that one. ... I have no desire to sell or trade the item. ... Just want to use it on which characters I wish to use it on.
Lt. Commander
# 28
10-04-2011, 06:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galtrovan View Post
So F2P is going to launch in 3 weeks regardless of the state of the game? Seriously?

What's currently broken is not going to be fixed in 3 weeks.
Are you sure that is what he was saying? ... I took it that he was saying the rewards would be given to us sometime within the three weeks *after* F2P launches.

Can we get some DEV clarification on this please.
Lt. Commander
# 29
10-04-2011, 06:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enterprise-D View Post
I would prefer this also. Otherwise we effectively receive less for having purchased extra character slots and frequently playing STO. With over a dozen characters each one is played relatively infrequently and thus the rewards value is seldom seen.

Additionally, there is the whole exploitable aspect which seems to be being raised with dilithium rewards and would likewise apply to things like claimable and tradable DOffs. Claim - trade - rinse and repeat. While things like dilithium should be handled with a token that can only be claimed once a player reaches a higher level, preferably it is simply handled with unique items on most other rewards.
Lt. Commander
# 30
10-04-2011, 06:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by P-A-T-H-F-I-N-D-E-R
Are you sure that is what he was saying? ... I took it that he was saying the rewards would be given to us sometime within the three weeks *after* F2P launches.

Can we get some DEV clarification on this please.
I'd like clarification as well. I don't want my interpretation of what was written to be true. My interpretation would be bad news for the game.