Go Back   Star Trek Online > Test Servers > Tribble - General Discussion and Feedback
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
10-03-2011, 10:39 PM
Like you said, everyone gets stuck here, so the quickest way to do it is just hang around Bomari for five minutes and post in zone "LFT stop the signal dread." Chances are there are already at least four other people there who are also stuck on it, and with a team it goes down quick and easy no matter who you bring along. Fortunately the over the top frigate spam is not any worse when you have a team than when you're alone, so you can just ignore them and focus the dread until it dies.
Lt. Commander
# 12
10-03-2011, 11:32 PM
The problem i found was that the dreadnought seems to focus all it's agro on you meaning you don't last very long and by the time you've flown back from the respawn point (which is in the wrong place) the Klingons are dead and you have no hope.
I finally grouped with another Lt. and found it really easy as now the dreadnought can only focus on one of you at a time while the other lets rip with everything they've got.
Lt. Commander
# 13
10-04-2011, 03:50 AM
When I was on a toon with low DPS I used a different strategy...
I was using decent shields and a few heal abilities though.
Should even be possible in a T1.
Make sure that you are able to outrun the frigates if necessary with power to engines.
Then start grabbing their attention completely pulling away their aggro from the Klingons.
The Klingons will keep focused on the big ship and will be able to destroy it if they don't take any other damage.
In the meantime you can simply pull the frigates behind you harmlessly and with a clever course even assist the Klingons (by debuffing the boss and healing up a damaged BoP or two)
This strategy takes a bit of time and maybe practice.

It's probably easier to ask a friend or random zone people to help.
Lt. Commander
# 14
10-04-2011, 03:55 AM
ive done this twice today one with a friend and the other by blowing up underneith it.....

its a victory in both accounts but as this was a PVE mission i have to give it 1/10 great lead up but useless with the learning curve of the game being shallow as it is!!
Lt. Commander
# 15
10-04-2011, 04:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timelord_Victorious
When I was on a toon with low DPS I used a different strategy...
I was using decent shields and a few heal abilities though.
Should even be possible in a T1.
Make sure that you are able to outrun the frigates if necessary with power to engines.
Then start grabbing their attention completely pulling away their aggro from the Klingons.
The Klingons will keep focused on the big ship and will be able to destroy it if they don't take any other damage.
In the meantime you can simply pull the frigates behind you harmlessly and with a clever course even assist the Klingons (by debuffing the boss and healing up a damaged BoP or two)
This strategy takes a bit of time and maybe practice.

It's probably easier to ask a friend or random zone people to help.
going to have to argue with you on this one i did this tactic the other night along with several others and none of them worked i feel this bug has its lows ands highs which is why some of us are having alot of problems and some of us are having little or no problems
Lt. Commander
# 16
10-04-2011, 07:29 PM
LTC? Easily done and repeatedly done at LT 7

- Fight the same shield side as the Klingons
- Gain aggro on the frigates but dont destroy
- Pop heals on the Klingons, prioritizing on the Negvars
- run away when the dreadnaught is at about 50% to heal your hull, then repeat till dead

Works every time
Lt. Commander
# 17
10-04-2011, 10:05 PM
That's because the story missions increase in difficulty as you increase in rank. So, anybody should be able to defeat it as a Lt. just as easily as doing it as a Lt. Cdr. However, some people are clearly having issues beating this thing as an Lt., that's why I suggested the increased rank. Lt. Cdr. ships have more hull strength and extra weapons slots. Plus, your character will have more abilities, you'll have another bridge officer slot and one of your bridge officers will be able to use Lt. abilities. It gives you more options than an Lt. Captain has in the fight. It never hurts to have more options.
Lt. Commander
# 18
10-05-2011, 12:19 AM
...beatable, but this is being considered a bug, or rather a game balance issue, right?
Lt. Commander
# 19
10-05-2011, 01:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by QamarNahaar View Post
...beatable, but this is being considered a bug, or rather a game balance issue, right?
I don't really know about that... I mean, after all it's kind of the first 'Boss' you encounter in the game. When you go through all the story arcs before it, it all leads to this one mission. Plus when you beat it, you pretty much get a free "CONGRATULATIONS LT.COMMANDER" when you turn it in. The exp in this beta is REDICULOUS, but fun when you level up every major mission. Keeps things fast paced and fresh. Plus if you don't like your ship, it wont be long till you get a new one! LOL
Lt. Commander
Hi all.
I have not been able to defeat it yet with my Lt Eng. I now am LtCom2 with all the things Eg180 says I should have on my Eng Cruiser Ship.
I will give it a try as you have all suggested I do it and I will let you know how I do.
Good luck to me - lol.
God Bless, BFN, LtCom Saillie A. Frigeng.......