Lt. Commander
# 11
10-03-2011, 04:24 PM
Why do they _keep_ removing walk/run animations from us..? Why do they just not give us a dropdown and let us CHOOSE!? Good grief.
Lt. Commander
# 12
10-03-2011, 07:11 PM
Finally saw this 'girly run' that was talked about.

Earlier today, while walking between trains for transfer...saw a short lady with booted heels (high), did the same run, minus the arm swinging.

Recommendationlease remove it. Or revert back the original animation.

Thank You.
Lt. Commander
# 13
10-03-2011, 11:45 PM
Yeah, this animation is terrible. Please bring back the old one.
Lt. Commander
# 14
10-04-2011, 09:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eklinaar
Yeah, this animation is terrible. Please bring back the old one.
In defense of the new animation, the old animation didn't suit all the characters.

However, and in equal amounts, the new animation does not suit all the characters.

What's needed here is the option to select an animation much in the same way we can select a stance. Then we can have a Default run animation, a Feminine run animation, and a Seductive run animation.. all things that we have been presented with.
Lt. Commander
# 15
10-05-2011, 01:08 AM
Another agree on the pile, here.

They don't run like anime schoolgirls, though. These military trained women who are now captains of starships run as if they're four, and their brother is chasing them with a slug. Was the previous run cycle really that bad compared to this?
Lt. Commander
# 16
10-05-2011, 01:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carm
I'm a Lifer to both CO and STO, and this is -NOT- the run animation used there. Sorry, you're wrong on that one.

And yes, the main issue is that it used to be BETTER than it is now. I want the old one back. Asked for it immediately when the stupid change went in on Live. I've actually not played STO since that change, because of how stupid it makes my characters look.

I'm playing to test the F2P stuff, and still hate it.

-edit-

They had the female walk animation from CO for the 'Vixen' stance in for 2 days, then changed it to this silly walk animation along with the sprint/jog one. I want either the original or the one they had in for those 2 or 3 days before the last animation change.
Im going to second or whatever number Carm here. Watching my 6'6" klingon liberated borg female tac officer, who looks like she could flip humans upside down and pound them into the ground with her fist run like this is just soooo wrong.
Lt. Commander
# 17
10-05-2011, 01:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by segma View Post
Why do they _keep_ removing walk/run animations from us..? Why do they just not give us a dropdown and let us CHOOSE!? Good grief.
No offense meant Segma, but its quite obvious why this isnt done. Its Cryptics mighty game engine, wich would probably just choke and crash to desktop every time you opened it.
Lt. Commander
# 18
10-05-2011, 07:28 AM
IT can handle stances...it should handle 2-3 walk animations.