Lt. Commander
# 1 DOFF Feedback.
10-05-2011, 08:40 AM
Now that I've spent a couple of days doing DOFF missions and such I thought I'd share a couple of observations with the general forum and the devs.

Getting the missions seems simple enough as long as you remember to check everytime you get into a new instance, whether it be in Earth orbit, Sector space, exploring a nebula or orbiting another space station.

The amount of CXP you get seems to be quite varied with the majority being quite low. I admit I am still quite low in the tiers and amount of CXP I have due to doing mainly recruiting missions which seem to take the longest.

Some of the times of the missions seem a tad random, one example would be a level 3 weapons diagnostic taking longer than a level 4.

As for things that I feel should be fixed or looked into there are two main areas.

1) Once you have accepted a mission that involves a success or failure rate, when you go to the In Progress tab i noticed two things were not correctly represented. These would be the reward you get from the mission isn't displayed and also the success/failure rates do not reflect the values of the DOFFs chosen and instead reflect the default success/failure rates.

2) And I'm quite happy to point out this might just be because I haven't recruited enough of a variety in DOFFs yet but so far when you select a mission and you see the various stats in the DOFF slot like Logical etc where are these located on the actual officer? Would it not be simpler to have these traits (and yes i checked character traits but could still not see mission specific ones) appear on the DOFFs over on the right of the window for ease of selection. At the moment I'm just putting in area specific DOFFs (like Tactical, Science etc) and for any officer quite literally dragging and dropping all DOFFs to see which combination provides the highest success rate. Perhaps it may be my lack of DOFFs at the moment or perhaps this is an area that needs to be looked at, let me know

Other than that I am having immense fun micro-managing my starship. Thanks to the dev team for letting us have access to be able to test these things out and give back feedback
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-05-2011, 10:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by g.hawk View Post

2) And I'm quite happy to point out this might just be because I haven't recruited enough of a variety in DOFFs yet but so far when you select a mission and you see the various stats in the DOFF slot like Logical etc where are these located on the actual officer? Would it not be simpler to have these traits (and yes i checked character traits but could still not see mission specific ones) appear on the DOFFs over on the right of the window for ease of selection. At the moment I'm just putting in area specific DOFFs (like Tactical, Science etc) and for any officer quite literally dragging and dropping all DOFFs to see which combination provides the highest success rate. Perhaps it may be my lack of DOFFs at the moment or perhaps this is an area that needs to be looked at, let me know
This part is in there but it is a bit Cryptic (pun intended) exactly where you say. Each trait has a symbol, if you look at the upper right of each doff panel you will see the symbols. Agreed, it is confusing and took me a bit to figure that out.

As far as doff variety, I am a little concerned about initial doff diversity but once you get a few recruitment missions under your belt you can run alot of missions. When we have full sets of doffs I can easily see people running out of the mission blocks in the sectors. I have a couple of issues with the doff system but those would only make it even more robust. I can say I actually quite enjoy playing it. It reminds me of the Facebook games.
Lt. Commander
# 3
10-05-2011, 10:40 AM
I regularly will see missions available with red ! next to them that don't show me what I'm missing to be able to do it, and often I meet the requirements but it says I don't.

Almost always these are Science assignments.
Lt. Commander
# 4
10-05-2011, 10:47 AM
I'm gonna make an assumption here.

A post titled "DOFF Feedback" may be more appropriate in the "Duty Officer System Feedback" Forum.

It's over here.

Level 3 Diagnostics are more in depths than level 4 diagnostics, referencing how level 1 diagnostics are the most in depth in the shows.

If you get the chance to browse through that forum, most issues are already addressed there, a large number with Dev answers attached to them, Heretic is very busy over there.
Lt. Commander
# 5
10-05-2011, 11:18 AM
woops my bad ^_^ i shall wander over and have a browse
Lt. Commander
# 6
10-05-2011, 11:28 AM
I just wanted to point out that until two days ago, I had no idea that forum existed, and it answers tons of questions about how DOffs should, and currently are working (and how they aren't).

Good information to be had there.

From reading the posts there, Heretic very obviously cares deeply about the DOff system. It gives me faith that it will wind up being a very enjoyable, very easy to use system, with useful benefits, which all add to gameplay.

Now if we could get someone who cares about the Dilithium Economy system as much as Heretic cares about DOffs. Until that happens, we, the players, are screwed.