Lt. Commander
I got disconnected from the server suddenly, and with no warning. One moment im doing fine, the next the screen freezes and a split second later im staring at a 'Disconnected from server" screen. A moment later, im back at the login.

After loging back in.. i noticed that i am seeing a CONSTANT 2 second 'spurt' lag. Everything in the game moves fine for 2 seconds, then it freezes for 2 seconds, then zips forward that 2 second's of frozen time.. runs again for anotehr 2 seconds befor it repeats the process all over again.

I have loged off and back on and still having the problem, ive restarted the computer completely and still have the problem. Is there something going on with the server all of a sudden or is it something on my end? If i knew the server ip i'd ping it to see if its something between me and them. But again, for the past week strait i have had 0 lag. Had no trouble at all till i got disconnected. Now its a constant 2 second lag-fest.

Anyone else suddenly haveing problems?
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-05-2011, 11:10 AM
I get the same thing. But it is like every few minutes the game will stop responding for like 10-12 seconds..then it kind of starts trying to catch up..and things around me start updating.. about 10 seconds later I can participate again.

It is killing me in PvP and frankly it is very annoying.

My other games work fine. My internet streams and plays every other game just wonderfully...but it is just a nightmare these past few weeks.

Sometimes I even get a nice disconnect, instead of a recovery.
Lt. Commander
# 3
10-05-2011, 11:32 AM
have you got portforwading setup for your gaming machine from your router (if you use one) and from your modem to your router - 5000-5700?

have you made sure you have given gameclient.exe full access in your firewall?

if you still having issues you can try the following:
Tweaking Windows 7 / Vista TCP/IP settings for broadband internet connections

mainly the following in that list i use are:
  • Disable Windows Scaling heuristics
  • Compound TCP - Improve throughput
  • TCP Chimney Offload
  • Network Throttling Index
  • Gaming Tweak - Disable Nagle's algorithm
Lt. Commander
# 4
10-05-2011, 02:25 PM
I appreciate the information, but I have no firewall and I also have had no problems, until they recently set up the Tribble Test server. I am not alone. My fleetmates are having the same problems.

Nothing has changed on my setup since launch.

I doubt I spontaneously developed a problem, with no system changes.
Lt. Commander
# 5
10-05-2011, 09:53 PM
Just like to rule out somethings is all, if its not them then my guess is something between your ISP and Cryptic is causing some packet loss and might be a bad hop or two on the path.