Lt. Commander
# 101
10-05-2011, 02:37 PM
Originally Posted by Alastor_Forthright

Salami we cannot properly test tribble if we do not have the dilithum to acquire ships to get up in levels. So additions to Dilithium are needed now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salami_Inferno
And you shall have them! Thursday or Friday.
The fixes for the dilithium are coming as Salami said, this is just the first build of the F2P system. Hang in there
Lt. Commander
# 102
10-05-2011, 02:53 PM
I see A LOT of games going F2P the reason is that the people who don't want to pay can play like everybody else its like a extended trial account but the F2P players can still get to VA albeit a little more effort than the subscribers. I have seen a game that I played for years going F2P. You DO have to realize that this is a business at the root and the owners/developers will do what they feel will enhance the profitablity of the game. We might not like it but put yourself in their place, they want to keep their jobs and if F2P helps that they will do it. No matter what happens I am glad I bought a lifetime subscription for me it was well worth the money.

I just hope that the dev's look at what happened to Star Wars Galaxies and learn their lesson. I do like the simplification of the economy, Marks, badges and emblems was getting confusing which vendor took which. Or as Mel Brooks quite aptly put "We don't need no stinking badges"
Lt. Commander
# 103
10-05-2011, 02:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seancstew View Post
You could run the traeleus repair mission 50 times....
that will give you your dilithium..
And take 50 days... That is an unnecessarily LONG daily grind, even with the saving the freighter daily in the same sector that drops it down to 25 days, which is still over 3 weeks...and WAY to long.
They need to either add a temporary Dilithium giving NPC or put the dilithium rewards in in order for ship system to be properly tested.
Lt. Commander
# 104
10-05-2011, 05:57 PM
remember there will be other dailies to do when you get to the breen tgho it might not help you at commander lvl or captain at that matter. but there needs to be more dailies to do if we have to grind for our remaining dilithium than the 3 to 4 in eta
Lt. Commander
# 105
10-05-2011, 06:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspired View Post
The very reason we're here testing is that that the game is going F2P. I'm aware you know that, but that by design means that only things that are absolutely necessary to complete the game are given away free. The others will require money or perhaps just an extensive amount of grinding. Don't know how some people think that they give can away everything for free and still operate the game, but they can't and won't.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrianas
You DO have to realize that this is a business at the root and the owners/developers will do what they feel will enhance the profitablity of the game. We might not like it but put yourself in their place, they want to keep their jobs and if F2P helps that they will do it. No matter what happens I am glad I bought a lifetime subscription for me it was well worth the money.

We're testing with Gold-level accounts (specified in the blog). So everything Dilithium-related that's a factor for Silvers will also be a factor for Gold accounts. There's nothing free about a $15/mo subscription.
Lt. Commander
# 106 F2P Testing
10-06-2011, 06:23 AM
It is in TESTING, anyone who doesn't expect issues should understand, this is testing. That is you test to find the flaws and bugs. Admittedly dilithium seems scarce in the first week of (again) TESTING!

Admittedly I have yet to be able to create a single ticket due to some bug or another.

But this is (one more time with feeling now) TESTING. I.E. Not a finished product.

Although I would liKE to be able to submit tickets about bugs and issues I have experienced. I am not going to complain that this is not a perfect product when they have had less then a week of (some of you need to look up the definition of) TESTING!!!!!
Lt. Commander
# 107
10-06-2011, 07:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artimus1000 View Post
It is in TESTING, anyone who doesn't expect issues should understand, this is testing. That is you test to find the flaws and bugs. Admittedly dilithium seems scarce in the first week of (again) TESTING!

Admittedly I have yet to be able to create a single ticket due to some bug or another.

But this is (one more time with feeling now) TESTING. I.E. Not a finished product.

Although I would liKE to be able to submit tickets about bugs and issues I have experienced. I am not going to complain that this is not a perfect product when they have had less then a week of (some of you need to look up the definition of) TESTING!!!!!
we understand this is testing but you and the devs should realise the the dilithium is a very beginning basic part of the f2p it should had been the very first or atleast one of the first things put in there system to be tested before it was even put on tribble to be tested, so now over haft the ships havent been tested which also means that all these ships havent been tested in all the instances, and so on. I understand bugs , problems and issues but you realy have to have the basics.
Lt. Commander
# 108
10-06-2011, 08:06 AM
So any news on when tribble is going down to get the KDF into the game?
GMT+1 here
Lt. Commander
# 109
10-06-2011, 09:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal1701A View Post
So any news on when tribble is going down to get the KDF into the game?
GMT+1 here
Most likely tomorrow, Friday...

As we would have seen an announcement last evening (Wed.) if it were going to be today.

Lt. Commander
# 110
10-06-2011, 09:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveyNY View Post
Most likely tomorrow, Friday...

As we would have seen an announcement last evening (Wed.) if it were going to be today.

You may be behind on your reading. From yesterday's dev blog:

Quote:
Tomorrow (October 6), Klingon Defense Force play will be unlocked on Tribble for all accounts that have a Federation character at level 3 and higher.
Not usually all that much warning for Tribble, so it'll probably be here a couple hours after they're ready to push it and say it's going down.