Lt. Commander
# 11
10-06-2011, 12:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salami_Inferno
  • At the ranks of Commander and above you will need to earn some additional dilithium to be able to afford the next ship, so be sure to play some daily missions for those rewards.
That is just wrong. It was stated that Gold members would not be losing anything in the transition. Currently on Holodeck, subscribers can play the main story missions to level up, acquiring a new ship at each rank. Losing this is a very big thing.

There are some simple ways to fix this. A few that come to mind:
  • Give Gold members a one-time discount token for each tier Commander plus, that lowers the ship cost to that of the Dilithium rank up reward.
  • Reward dilithium for main story missions.
  • Give Gold members the choice between the dilithium reward or a ship plaque.
Anything short of that is a loss of something we currently have.
Lt. Commander
# 12
10-06-2011, 12:12 PM
Seriously need to rethink dilithium cap. Or seriously discount prices on gear. Ohterwise you are going to have a lot of VA boats armed with Mk V gear.

Seriously guys...21K dilithium for MK VI weapon when someone can only convert 8k dilithium per day? I'm not a math genius, but......
Lt. Commander
# 13
The interesting questions is that we have to refine dilithium ore to get what is used to purchase things.

So ... Does that mean the prices on ships and such have been lowered as they are now refined dilithium instead of ore? ... And a lot will depend on the conversion rate.

That said ... I'm thinking of Cryptic's track record and expecting it to be a royal mess ... Hoping I'm proved wrong, however.

OH ... and has the bug or whatever been fixed to where we can craft even number item yet????
Lt. Commander
# 14
Yeah.... have to say, if you're limiting us to 8,000 per day, the prices are going to need to drop significantly. It already takes a while on Holodeck to get new stuff. (1-2 days per weapon for MKX, 4-5 days for MK XI). On Tribble, the X / XI weapons cost almost as much as a T4 ship, and over half the cost of a T5 ship. I hope that's not intentional :/

Plus, with the new STF's coming out, there's almost no reason to buy the MK X or XI gear for Dilithium, because I can get the Borg gear in a few runs, compared to the days it currently takes to get dilithium.

So yeah, I'm hoping the prices will have changed by the time this comes out.

Also, are existing high-level characters going to be given the placards retroactively? Some of us have been playing with T4 ships at VA because we couldn't afford T5.
Lt. Commander
# 15
10-06-2011, 12:14 PM
Woo hoo, patch notes!

Hmm, the 8000 Dilithium per day seems low compared to item costs.
Lt. Commander
# 16
10-06-2011, 12:17 PM
Thanks you for finally adding in the dilithium that should have been in place at the start. Not liking the daily limit on how much we can refine, its just plain stupid imho......
Lt. Commander
# 17
10-06-2011, 12:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salami_Inferno
Tour the Universe

Players will be tasked with traveling to every sector block and returning to your mission giver before the end of the event.
I've already figured out the most efficient Fed route just by hunting for assignments.

Also, one more thing. Will you be retroactively handing out the Ship discount and or retroactively handing out Dilithium for VA?
Lt. Commander
# 18
10-06-2011, 12:20 PM
Quote:
We’ve updated how the player earns their ship at level up, but unfortunately there is no fixup for those already affected.
Crap... So I'm still stuck with my captain ship at VA? )-:
Lt. Commander
# 19
10-06-2011, 12:21 PM
so rather then scaling the dilithium rewards from exploration missions to be signifigantly lower then the daily they are just making the missions dailies period?
Lt. Commander
# 20
10-06-2011, 12:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuatela
Plus, with the new STF's coming out, there's almost no reason to buy the MK X or XI gear for Dilithium, because I can get the Borg gear in a few runs, compared to the days it currently takes to get dilithium.
Maybe this is what they want you to do.