Lt. Commander
# 81
10-06-2011, 01:03 PM
I read this and find myself wondering. What do Pay 2 Play members really gain. Even if the conversion isn't 1-1, does that mean that a F2P member could get DOFFS that can do 1-100 while a Pay 2 Play member has one that does a 1-10? If so, why subscribe?

I also become concerned that, if the conversion ratio is low. How long will it take us to get the items we want without paying C-Store credits? If I am going to continue to subscribe, I want to be able to outfit my ship when I want to. Like now, I have no issue earning emblems, valor, ect to get the gear. But I'm not going to do that, then wait weeks to get the stuff I need after I did the work. I am also not going to pay real life money, when im already doing so, to outfit my ship!

I don't mean to sound angry by saying this. I am however saying, I am not going to pay, to get practicly the same game experience/gear/ect as someone who isnt paying a cent. That just makes no sense. If I wanna throw money away, Ill use it somewhere more beneficial.
Lt. Commander
# 82
Quote:
Free Respec Tokens are now only available at level up for gold players
And since, by definition, we're all locked at Silver for Beta, this means we have to grind for RESPECS on top of everything else? In a TEST environment? Seriously? Do you WANT us all to just give up, go back to Holodeck, and cancel our subs? I can only assume these ALSO are priced in the nonexistent, impossible to get, refinement throttled dilithium that is used for everything else, meaning now we have even less to spend on the critical things we need; such as a ship (which you still haven't apparently fixed so we can actually get).

And what about people who got to RA1 during the DL drought? I assume we get nothing in the way of a catch-up DL bonus, since that would be too much like showing appreciation for the crap we've put up with while trying to help you make a better game.
Lt. Commander
# 83
Umm, an awefull lot of assumption being waved about here about Dilithium and ship purchases...

Untll I see otherwise I will assume the the "placard" discounts the ship price down to the amount of Dilithium you recieve. Ceratinly that what I would do if "I" were doing the coding for it. Or put it sufficently close that a couple exploration daylies would make up the difference. Especially seeing that this issue only kicks in at Commander level where the player should have three exploration zones availible and 3 exploration daylies availible.

Please do not that the Fed players have a grand total of 10 exploration zone compared to the 4 zones the KDF has... Quit grip'n guys. You wont know whats going on for certain untill Tribble comes back up. Right now tose of you griping haven't a clue as to whats happening...

Fearless starship Captains, yep, utterly fearless...

Been playing KDF since the game started, ya'll got noth'n to complain about untill you've played KDF. So Start at KDF toon at the restart and then lets see what you have to say!
Lt. Commander
# 84
10-06-2011, 01:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeWitt_LSF
Please provide a link from a dev post that states it is a one to one conversion. Otherwise we are just playing a guessing game until the server goes back up.
We haven't heard otherwise, and it seems like that little bit of info would have been something they wanted to get out there, unless they like getting flamed.
Lt. Commander
# 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commodore_Stipe

3) Finally, test a way, break everything... twice... so that when this does launch it is indeed not an epic fail but instead and epic success.

The success or failure of this launch rests more in our hands than cryptics at this point. They have and will continue to listend to us. WE will make this a success. Put away the ptich forks and go break something...have fun!
I have to agree with you here.

What a shame I am VA and stuck in a T4 Ship. hope I will no longer have to Grind for my T5, Oh wait the T-store is active so i can get my Ship, for a price.

I just can not comprehend what is going on in the Heads of some People, just hand out a Token for a Ship just how it used to be. Perhaps a DEV Blog/Post could clear my confusion.
A system not broken does not need fixing.
Lt. Commander
# 86
Um maybe it's just me but wouldn't it make more sense to require Refining Dilithium to be done in say, Engineering of your ship interior? It would at least start to add more purpose to HAVING an interior and an excuse to draw more eyes to the interiors.
Lt. Commander
# 87
Assuming that the dilithium ore is not on a 1 to 1 ratio and considering that only a small percentage of any ore in the real world contains iron, gold, platinum, or whatever I would be absolutely stunned if it came out in our favor. I would actually expect this to be a crapshoot too where you might get 50% dilithium or maybe 75% if the dice roll in your favor.

Besides, even before the sale to PW, Cryptic has never been shy about trying to reach into our wallets for a little extra cash so why should this be any different. I realize that I am writing this before it is released but if you think about how mining works in the real world, some ores only give a 1 or 2 percent return of refined materiels per a certain volume of ore and some might give up to 95% but it is absolutely impossible to get more out than you put in.
Lt. Commander
# 88
10-06-2011, 01:05 PM
Okay, my opinions here... I think that the 8k refining may be too restrictive... we'll need to test it and see, but just comparing that number with the costs of equipment and it seems rather tight...

Second, turning Explore missions in to dailies... unless these are going to be giving out refined dilithium then I don't understand this change at all... With a limit in place of what can be refined per day why cap the exploration clusters like this? It doesn't matter if I earn 8,000, 80,000 or 800,000 dilithium ore in a day by grinding explore missions

With the current setup (which I know is subject to change) you are creating an odd situation where Dilithium is going to be too rare at the start of the game (thanks to lowbies only having access to 1 cluster for most of LT) and almost worthless at endgame due to it being quicker and easier to equip your ship by doing STFs...

Hope I'm not sounding like I'm complaining, but these are my first impressions after reading the patch notes. I'm happy to test them out for you guys, will be right back on the server the moment it comes up... but I have to say, from those first impressions, I see a lot more tweaking being needed.
Lt. Commander
# 89
10-06-2011, 01:05 PM
its obvious why there would be a cap on refining - so it makes cryptic more money from cpoint purchases
many players wont want to wait for a long time to kit out a ship in the best stuff they can at each rank
Lt. Commander
# 90
10-06-2011, 01:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khemaraa_Iron_Hand_KBF View Post
Untll I see otherwise I will assume the the "placard" discounts the ship price down to the amount of Dilithium you recieve.
Read the first post, and you will see otherwise. It says they still expect you to grind dailies to make up the full price of a ship at rank up.