Lt. Commander
Only 8000 Dilithium Refinement per day.
At 140,000 per mk XI weapon, thats 18 days per weapon.

If you were trying to equip a ship Tier 5 Cruiser with 4 fore and 4 aft weapons, it would cost 1,112,000 Dilithium and take 144 days...

To me, I.M.O., 144 days to equip a Tier 5 Cruiser is absolutely bewildering.

Here is an increased Dilithium Refinement = Energy Credit sink idea:

1. Lift the Dilithium refinement limit to limtless.

2. Move the Limitless Refinement process to Starbases. (Starships are NOT mass Refinement Facilities!...)
2a. Keep the small limit of Refinement (8000) on Starships, but Star bases Refinement is limitless.

3. Starbases charge a small fee (EC ) of like 3 per unit. "Wanna refine 50,000 ore? Cost ya 150,000 EC".

If you grinded 10,000 Dilithium daily, 8000 could be refined for free aboard ship, while the other 2,000 would be Refined at Base for 6,000 EC.

6000 EC is as easy to make as picking up any random Shield/Engine/Deflector drop and just recycling it.

With the Tier 5 cruiser at the beginning, to refine all 1,112,000 Ore at once would cost 3,336,000 EC.

Hey lets face it! There is a HUGE amount of EC floating around. Some players are incredibly "Rich".

Keeping a small production amount on Starships, for FREE, and the majority of it being handled at Base, where they would actually have the mass facilities to do so, makes more sense I.M.O.
This would free up the production limit people are showing to be a concern, AND finally provide that much needed EC sink the game economy as needed.
Especially at End-Game when you have stopped purchasing Common Gears for EC and start grinding to get the Rares and Very Rares.
(Purchasing gear from the Exchange isn't an EC sink, it's just EC changing hands.)

(Pssst. Earth Space Dock could FINALLY have some use for that useless Lower Level...)
Feds would have theirs at ESD, and KDF of have theirs at the Facility on Praxis.
Feds could run down stairs to refine their stuff, and KDF flys over to Praxis for theirs.
Also some place "Neutral" could also be included, Like Drozana Station.

Please, if there is anything you would like to contribute, feel absolutely free, even if it's just a "Loveit or Hate it!"!.

_------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------_

Base Idea Rate: 3 EC per unit of Dilithium Ore Refined: Refing 2000 Ore would cost you 6000EC

Sugested higher Refinement rate:

5 EC per unit of Dilithium Ore Refined: Refining 2000 Ore would cost 10,000 EC.
7 EC per unit of Dilithium Ore Refined: Refining 2000 Ore would cost 14,000 EC
10 EC per unit of Dilithium Ore Refined: Refining 2000 Ore would cost 20,0000 EC

_------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuskin
I like this idea.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alastor_Forthright View Post
This is a good idea really.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenMirror
This is a good idea. But can we make it an option like this to have minigames. Minigame {Easy} refine 500 dilithum at a time, on ur ship. Minigame (Normal) 1500 Dilithium, on ur ship. Minigame (Hard) 5000 dilithium, on earth space dock. Minigame (Elite) 25000 dilithium on earth space dock. Or Pay Energy Credits to get an Auto pass on the minigames, Easy = 20k ec Normal = 50k, Hard = 100k Elite = 350k
Interesting Mini-Game idea. Perhaps if you flesh it out a bit more and post a thread for it, the Devs would notice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pb606 View Post
Great idea
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrennigma View Post
I agree with others that have indicated this is a good idea. In fact it sounds like a HELLUVA good idea.
Quotes taken from here: TRIBBLE Maintenance and Release Notes - October 6, 2011 where the idea first occurred.
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-06-2011, 01:43 PM
I keep hearing about these EC sinks. I myself have never accured more than 430000 EC at one time. Right now across all my holodeck charters I have a total of 221000 EC. I like the Idea of sinks for those with tons of EC, but don't penailize people like me who never go after EC, don't make them vital to gameplay.
Lt. Commander
# 3
10-06-2011, 01:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sollaf View Post
Right now across all my holodeck charters I have a total of 221000 EC..
Really? you could make that much again just by getting the Breen ship equipment and just selling it. How do you craft with so little EC? Many of the Rare particle traces needed for high end craftables cost as much as all EC of your characters combined? That just doesn't sound right. I have around 400,000 EC on my Tribble toon, and that's just from recycling everything i can't use...
Lt. Commander
# 4
10-06-2011, 02:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirian_darkstar View Post
Really? you could make that much again just by getting the Breen ship equipment and just selling it. How do you craft with so little EC? Many of the Rare particle traces needed for high end craftables cost as much as all EC of your characters combined? That just doesn't sound right. I have around 400,000 EC on my Tribble toon, and that's just from recycling everything i can't use...
I don't grind, or craft. My Adm does his dailes and STFs, my alts just level. I also only play about 4 hours a week right now, (a lot more since tribble though.) I also know alot of people that play the way I do, and the result is the same, we don't recieve EC. I'm probally going to start crafting soon (I want a delta flyer), but it is not something that I normally want to do. Just diffrent playstyles, I can get the EC if needed, but I don't want to.
Lt. Commander
# 5
10-06-2011, 02:35 PM
Quote:
I don't grind, or craft. My Adm does his dailes and STFs, my alts just level. I also only play about 4 hours a week right now, (a lot more since tribble though.) I also know alot of people that play the way I do, and the result is the same, we don't recieve EC. I'm probally going to start crafting soon (I want a delta flyer), but it is not something that I normally want to do. Just diffrent playstyles, I can get the EC if needed, but I don't want to.
So basically the 8000 daily limit would work great for you, but is a hinderance to others that play more.
So a 1 to 1 EC ratio would work better for you, the very light casual player.
Lt. Commander
# 6
10-06-2011, 02:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirian_darkstar View Post
So basically the 8000 daily limit would work great for you, but is a hinderance to others that play more.
So a 1 to 1 EC ratio would work better for you, the very light casual player.
Not when I want to outfit my defiant with MK XII gear. I go after emblems right now, meaning that I will go after Dilithium when the change. I should not have to go after both Dilithium and EC. Just beacue I'm a "light" player as you call it, does not mean that an 8000 daily cap is good enough for me. (Also my playtimes increase drastically in the winter when my workload lessens, yay 40 hour work weeks...) I'm saying that my play style does not go after EC, it goes after marks and emblems. Also the few EC that I get I give to my alts (buying things to be recycled, theres a sink right there) so that I can get ships like the Nebula, and the Excel ships at lower teirs. Even when my times increas to about 4 hours a day (like I have been all week) I don't want to grind for EC and dilithium. Just erase the cap for gold members. That makes everyone happy.
Lt. Commander
# 7
10-06-2011, 02:51 PM
Removing the cap for gold members would create a problem with drastic inflation, such as we've already seen with EC. I see no issue with the OP's idea. I hope Cryptic takes a look at it and considers it.
Lt. Commander
# 8
10-06-2011, 03:15 PM
Quote:
Part of the issue at this time is knowing EXACTLY how much the Starcluster/Nebula and such grinds will award (which look like they might be switched to dailys insted, to stim inflation and over cap amounts), let allow what the exchange will be from the former badges/marks will be to Dilithium.
But I get the impression that exceeding the 8000 limit daily would only occur with severe grinding daily.

By the original idea, if you grinded 10,000 Dilithium daily, 8000 could be refined for free aboard ship, while the other 2,000 would be Refined at Base for 6,000 EC.

6000 EC is as easy to make as picking up any random Shield/Engine/Deflector drop and just recycling it.
Lt. Commander
# 9
10-06-2011, 03:47 PM
Edited the OP
Lt. Commander
# 10
10-06-2011, 11:46 PM
I like the idea of paying EC to convert extra dilithium. And here is why:

All monetary systems need a "lever." In the pre-Financial-Crisis days, the real world "lever" in the US was the Federal Funds rate target. If the Fed wanted a little extra money in the system, it would nudge the lever lower. Less money? Nudge the lever higher.

So, let everyone refine 8000 DilOr per day for free. Let any player who has passed the "real human" test (one micro-transaction/level/whatever) refine LOTS more than that for an EC fee. Use that fee for three purposes: an easy EC sink AND to nudge the RefiDi supply higher (low EC fee) or lower (high EC fee) AND look for gold farmers.

These will be the players who refine all the DilOr they have no matter what the price. Better yet, scale the fee up. The more you want to refine in any 24 hour period, the more you pay in EC. True gold farmers will be insensitive to price changes for the conversion because their only purpose in the game is to refine dilithium. And anyone with huge supplies of DILOR and huge EC balances on a constant basis has an army of low-paid sweatshop workers at his/her disposal.

As an extra bonus, it will allow Cryptic to control the exchange rate between EC and RefiDi. This will happen anyway via the Exchange as people auction off drops and crafted gear with specs similar to dilithium-purchaseable gear. They should probably get control of this before market manipulators do it for them.

And seriously, does someone over there think that logging in for five minutes every day to refine dilithium is "fun?" No, it's a chore. This is a game.
Closed Thread