Go Back   Star Trek Online > Test Servers > Tribble - Bug Reports
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
10-04-2011, 09:18 PM
It's definitely a problem going around, I think it's when an assignment fails and that failure has no reward for failing. Some, like trade assignments, you just get the bad end of the deal, so I've seen those types of fails show up properly, but I'd guess there are other missions that can fail with no reward available, so there's nothing to claim, so it doesn't move into the Complete Tab, since the only reason for the Complete Tab being there is claiming rewards.
Lt. Commander
# 12
10-04-2011, 10:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkey_Who
Same here - I clicked the collect reward - even showed up in my chat window that I collect the reward - and zilch. No recruit doffs Really sucks 3 day mission as well.. really really sucks. Please fix this bug - especially along with dilithium issue and Admiral Quinn. Both are HUGE game breakers.
You sure it's not in your inventory?

Mine appeared in my inventory, and when i Right clicked it and selected Use, then it gave me the DOFF's..
Lt. Commander
# 13
10-04-2011, 11:52 PM
I'm had this happen to me as well with a "Participate in Federation Colonization Assessment for the Arucanis Arm" assignment, and for me the completed tab never lit up so I couldn't even claim a reward or find out how the assignment turned out. Before the assignment I had 20 Doffs, after it completed, I counted 19 in my roster. And it wasn't a 'failure' issue or a 'disaster' result as far as I could tell since there was no chance of a disaster on that assignment and I've had failures before, you just get less reward or the boff goes into sickbay or something, for me nothing boff gone, not in sickbay (not even lit up) and no rewards... Nothing at all.

When the next assignment I had completed, the Completed tab lit up normally and I could get the rewards normally. It appears to be a bug when the assignment is being finished it never reaches the 'completed' status and just goes away taking any Doffs you had assigned to it with it into limbo. Id the Devs keep track of which Doffs are assigned to what assignment to check ratios and statistics, they may be able to track down if the issue is tied to the Doff, or the assignment or some combination of the two. (And they might be able to recover lost Doffs.) Kind of doubt they will, but if this bug goes live people will be ticked off if they lose a rare doff due to this bug. If it happens to someone that is a silver account it may drive them away from the game since if they work hard to get a doff, and then loose it due to a bug... man people will be angry.

Definitely not working as intended and this bug needs to be squashed before the Doff system goes to Holodeck as this isn't a bug that can be ignored without people getting angry. I bugreped it in game. Doubt they can do anything to replace the lost Doff though.

I'm now keeping a list of which Doffs I put on which assignment so the next time this happens I can tell the Devs which Doffs were involved since that might help them in tracking down and fixing this bug before the Doff system goes to Holodeck.
Lt. Commander
# 14
10-04-2011, 11:55 PM
Happened with a blue "Reverse Engineer Alien Personal Shield" assignment from ESD. Got a message that it was "completed," but that's it. No item. No CXP. No fail message. Didn't even show up in the "completed" tab. DOFFs just dumped back into the roster with no returns at all. Disappointing since it was a rare mission and took 4h to produce nothing.
Lt. Commander
# 15
10-04-2011, 11:57 PM
This just happened to me almost an hour ago

I was waiting for one of my medical assignments to complete, but when it came time to complete, it just disappeared, along with the 2 DOffs assigned to it (used to have 4 Medical DOffs, now only have 3. The second Research Lab Scientist I had assigned to it also disappeared. Both were white quality). I dont remember the name, but it was a blue medical assignment.. think I was in the middle of Saturday's Child if it matters.
Lt. Commander
# 16
10-05-2011, 04:56 PM
I had this happen about 4 times this afternoon. Lost 2 DOffs due to it, most of them simply returned to my duty roster. Those 2 simply vanished.
Lt. Commander
# 17 It Works
10-05-2011, 05:01 PM
Okay guys, I didn't notice before but if you go to your normal completed missions tab. Not the doff tab. In the mission journal, when you get enough CXP to go up a level, you have to turn it it in the mission journal to actually get the level. So, the bug if any is that there was no pop up telling you to do so.
Lt. Commander
# 18
10-05-2011, 06:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander_Prescott
Okay guys, I didn't notice before but if you go to your normal completed missions tab. Not the doff tab. In the mission journal, when you get enough CXP to go up a level, you have to turn it it in the mission journal to actually get the level. So, the bug if any is that there was no pop up telling you to do so.
Wow. Thanks! I had no idea this is how it would work; and I am sure that if you had not posted this, it would have taken me ages to figure it out.
Lt. Commander
# 19
10-06-2011, 05:28 PM
We're still doing a lot of work with reward reporting and commendation tiers, so expect a lot of iteration in these areas over the next few weeks.

Hopefully these will resolve at least a majority of the reported issues in these areas.