Lt. Commander
# 31
10-06-2011, 06:24 PM
Prior to his leaving Dan Stahl did in fact come flat out and state that most prices would go down. He's said it both on STOked, and in text here on the forums. This is the exact opposite. It's also a poor decision considering how over priced ships were in the past.
Lt. Commander
# 32
10-06-2011, 06:26 PM
Quote:
Prior to his leaving Dan Stahl did in fact come flat out and state that most prices would go down. He's said it both on STOked, and in text here on the forums. This is the exact opposite. It's also a poor decision considering how over priced ships were in the past.
sure he said that... but he left, and maybe they raised it behind his back
Lt. Commander
# 33
10-06-2011, 06:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by A88mph View Post
I don't mind the price hike (It's most likely for the F2P'ers who are coming in) Plus Criptic is giving me $5 in credits a month for free for being a Lifer.

I can save my C-Points for a rainy day. and Cryptic can use the extra cash to meet the upcoming demand from F2P.

On the otherhand, Premium ships going per character sounds bad. (if its true that is). will those who bought them when they were account wide, stay account wide?
I don't know why you think your stipend is going to be able to buy anything. The way things are going, it's just more half-baked lip service designed to try to quell the fact that it will cost more to do *anything* in this game than it's worth.
Lt. Commander
# 34
10-06-2011, 06:31 PM
It sounds like grasping at straws (it definitely is) but is it possible these price hikes are a tribble-only thing as part of their attempts to gather data on what people tend to purchase?

That these changes will not be part of the actual F2P changeover?
Lt. Commander
# 35
10-06-2011, 06:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan_Kent View Post
It sounds like grasping at straws (it definitely is) but is it possible these price hikes are a tribble-only thing as part of their attempts to gather data on what people tend to purchase?

That these changes will not be part of the actual F2P changeover?
Then they need to clarify that real quick... cause the DOff system is great... but if this is a representation of what happens to holodeck... it might be the last time I spend money here.
Lt. Commander
# 36
10-06-2011, 06:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by biglcny View Post
Then they need to clarify that real quick... cause the DOff system is great... but if this is a representation of what happens to holodeck... it might be the last time I spend money here.
Very quick. I'm not paying Cryptic more money for "test points." So its highly unlikely I'll be buying anything on the store until the next stippend... because, well, I'm a stubborn *******, and I'm not going to pay to test things I've already paid for unlocks on the live server.

so, whatever results they get from this are going to be horribly horribly skewed.
Lt. Commander
# 37
10-06-2011, 06:50 PM
My points won't go towards ships, they'll go toward doffs.
Lt. Commander
# 38
10-06-2011, 06:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by biglcny View Post
Then they need to clarify that real quick...
They do, but nonetheless even if they don't I will try and be the last man to the escape pods.

C-Store Prices might change, but so could;
  • The Gold player stipend
  • the real $ to C-Point rate
  • The ingame methods for getting ships

A price hike in c-points might level out to something bearable if the gold stipend went up, and/or the $-> C-point rate got better.
Or all ships got an in-game dilithium acquiring method.
Lt. Commander
# 39
10-06-2011, 06:52 PM
I sure hope the current pricing scheme on Tribble never makes it to Holodeck. If it does, I'll be wasting a hell of a lot less money in the C-Store. The current pricing scheme on Tribble will definitely hinder this games chances of survival. Lets face it! Dan knew the ship was singing and got off before anyone even really noticed.
Lt. Commander
# 40
10-06-2011, 06:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eklinaar
Why have C-Store prices gone up across the board on Tribble? It says at the below link that prices would not go up.

http://www.startrekonline.com/f2p_faq#16
Grand Nagus ... Can't you do something about the rogue Ferengi that are running a muck here???

Seriously ... They are likely trying to determine who we respond to the price increases and if they can get away with it.

It's a good reason why many of us have been vocal about all these things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCSWW View Post
I sure hope the current pricing scheme on Tribble never makes it to Holodeck. If it does, I'll be wasting a hell of a lot less money in the C-Store. The current pricing scheme on Tribble will definitely hinder this games chances of survival. Lets face it! Dan knew the ship was singing and got off before anyone even really noticed.
That thought has crossed my mind a LOT these last couple of days .... and I do mean a LOT!