Lt. Commander
# 11
10-06-2011, 04:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DodgeHopper View Post
Speaking of Mark 11 gear. The notion that Crafting has been crapped on in favor of dilithium is going to irritate a lot of people, particularly those dedicated to crafting.
That notion is also incorrect. D'Angelo already explicitly stated that the odd-mark-only crafting is a bug and will be fixed.
Lt. Commander
# 12
10-06-2011, 05:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veazey View Post
That notion is also incorrect. D'Angelo already explicitly stated that the odd-mark-only crafting is a bug and will be fixed.
This is true, but he also said they were adjusting the crafting costs. I'm just hoping they don't change things in a similiar manner to the ridiculous pricing they used for the dilithium currency items.
Lt. Commander
# 13
10-06-2011, 06:05 PM
They definitely need more incentive to subscribe than the foundry. I am all for auto-refinement, higher refinement limit, AND free ships every level like we're used to for gold members. This grinding bollocks is not something I am going to put up with. Already get burnt out leveling, and I hate dailies. HATE.
Lt. Commander
# 14
10-06-2011, 07:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lennan View Post
They definitely need more incentive to subscribe than the foundry. I am all for auto-refinement, higher refinement limit, AND free ships every level like we're used to for gold members. This grinding bollocks is not something I am going to put up with. Already get burnt out leveling, and I hate dailies. HATE.
Agreed.

Seriously, they need to remove the limit from Subscribers and return the free ship tokens to them as well, and return the Exploration missions to what they were. I don't mind the "Chart" dailies, but the regular Exploration missions should not be dailies.
Lt. Commander
# 15
10-06-2011, 07:42 PM
Well, it would be interesting if we could at least see how the dilithium refinement process is supposed to work... Too bad they put the one thing that was absolutely 100% ESSENTIAL to the whole system in broken. Press the refine dilithium button and get kicked out of the game. Good job, Cryptic! You guys rock so hard... wait a minute... got that last bit wrong... meant to say "The rocks in your heads are so hard!"
Lt. Commander
# 16
10-06-2011, 08:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lennan View Post
Agree.....
Lt. Commander
# 17
10-06-2011, 08:48 PM
I agree a refinement boost would be an excellent Gold perk. Enough to make people feel like subscribing continues to help them, but not restricting gameplay or limiting features. Free players who get hooked in the economy may want to subscribe just to be able to collect currency quicker. Fits with the no content gates approach PW has going.
Lt. Commander
# 18
10-06-2011, 09:40 PM
I tell you what this whole F2P comes down to. The reason they are putting these systems in place the way they are.

To kill lifetime members off. Let me explain.

The majority of players after F2P goes live will not be subs. Looking at Champions, as well as the majority of F2P games that allows subs, there are tiny populations that subscribe to the game.

If they give anything to gold members, lifetime players have no reason to spend money in the future. This is not what they want. They know the largest number of people who play this game will be in the group who buy a few items and move on.

They don't care if gold members feel it's worth it, simply because they know they will make more money off of silver players.

By reducing and cutting down what gold members get, they are basically trying to snuff out the lifetime players. They don't care if we walk away, they don't expect to get much money out of us anyway.

Sad part is, if not for the current playerbase, not just the lifers but the subscribers too, they wouldn't be able to go F2P now. They'd have shut this game down already. To me this is like a huge slap in the face, watching them giggle and say, "we don't care...we already got your money".

Worst part is, current subscribers and lifers have paid more money to this game than most silver players ever will, you'd think they would at least appreciate us a little bit.

The way it looks, I will most likely be leaving when F2P goes live. I can't see there being any reason to keep me around. Obviously our loyalty means squat, everytime I see and read what they are doing next I feel like they are kicking us in the balls.
Lt. Commander
# 19
10-06-2011, 09:59 PM
Personally, I don't think that Refinement limits should be completely removed from subscribers, but maybe they should be able to double the amount of refinement? Instead of 8,000 limit, but 16,000?

Just a thought.
Lt. Commander
# 20
10-06-2011, 10:00 PM
I've been reading and playing and feel concern as well. I hope they really look into this, I hope they really pay attention to us subscribers. I hope they review what they are doing.

But back on the limit issue. Yes, remove the limit or up it alot. For everyone. Instead make the refinment process a Doff Assignment. After all, its not as if you have you have a refinment facility in your ship. It just seems those silver players shuttles go a little slower.

And what is this with refinement giving you the equal amount of dilithium. Refining anything grants at least, at least, a 25% loss.