Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 71
10-06-2011, 01:47 PM
thats true , i cant really think of anything else that makes the ambassador stand out though tbh , dont really have much to work with
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 72
10-06-2011, 02:50 PM
How about this for a special power- If destroyed fighting Romulans, you are rewarded peace with Klingons.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 73
10-06-2011, 05:25 PM
This class scored high in the poll they ran last year. I'm sure it is much more loved than the Oberth. Why is this on the permanent back-burner? People like the Probert Ambassador design and I would think like the canon one more.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 74
10-06-2011, 05:31 PM
lol it'll come in time , just be patient
think about it from their perspective , they only have so many staff and so many hours in a day
they cant do everything everyone wants right this second
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 75
10-06-2011, 05:39 PM
noramlly they have more than one person doing all the designing ships. CapnLogan is doing a great job so far. Wish they employee more people but the world today is crazy and i don't mean that in a good way.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 76
10-06-2011, 10:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by whipplor View Post
lol it'll come in time , just be patient
think about it from their perspective , they only have so many staff and so many hours in a day
they cant do everything everyone wants right this second
Agreed. But why was staff rendering the Venture and others but not the Ambassador? The problem is priorities. What will sell better? Classic designs that fans have liked for years or new and knockoff designs made exclusively for STO? I've been waiting over a year for the Ambassador, and liked it since the 90s but just learned about the Venture last month. Why render crazy new tactical ships when we have the New Orleans? Why the Shikahr when there is the Soyuz or Constellation? In fact, I understand there was a Constellation in beta. The problem isn't not having the time, its not having the will.

Of course, I'll probably get banned for expressing my opinion on the matter.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 77
10-07-2011, 02:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilladog View Post
Why does the ambassador need any special abilities? Just make it a skin for Galaxies. I'd take an Ambassador skin. I couldn't dislike the Venture skin more than I do.

STO has had the ambassador on the back burner forever while they spit out more of their original design. Enough. Give us the canon ships we know and like.
It doesn't really need one.
However for the moment it seems every new ship gets one.
And to be honest I'd prefer something that fits the feel of the ship instead of some multispectral inverse antiproton-beam special deflector ability.
Hence my idea.

I'd also not want the Ambassador as a Galaxy skin, especially not at T5 where one of the skins would probably end up because the Ambassador has no impulse engines on the saucer and you'd be stuck with the saucer seperation skill.
Not to mention it would not fit the feel of the ship IMO.
A BO config like the Excelsior just with the Science and Tactical slots reversed would be so great for this ship...that they'll probably not do it.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 78
10-07-2011, 08:00 AM
Impulse engines are overrated. The Nebula never had them, even in TNG but it still had sublight abilities. In terms of theoretical science, warping space is just as useful for sublight speeds as extra-light speeds.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 79
10-07-2011, 08:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilladog View Post
Impulse engines are overrated. The Nebula never had them, even in TNG but it still had sublight abilities. In terms of theoretical science, warping space is just as useful for sublight speeds as extra-light speeds.
The Nebula does have impulse engines

http://www.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/b54e553d69.jpg

http://ex-astris-scientia.org/articl...la-impulse.jpg

below the rear phaser banks, right above the pylons.

Even if you used the same engines for FTL and sublight, you'd still end up with a problem in case of the Ambassador: the saucer doesn't have those either.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 80
10-07-2011, 01:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mister_dee
The Nebula does have impulse engines

http://www.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/b54e553d69.jpg

http://ex-astris-scientia.org/articl...la-impulse.jpg

below the rear phaser banks, right above the pylons.

Even if you used the same engines for FTL and sublight, you'd still end up with a problem in case of the Ambassador: the saucer doesn't have those either.
Those little things are impulse engines???? They should be home with thier mother!! No wonder why the thing turns like a pig!!
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:25 PM.