Lt. Commander
# 51
10-06-2011, 07:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdangelo View Post
For those concerned that 1,200 points is not sufficient to try out some parts of the game, this is just the first stipend. There will be more coming at different times during the test period, and I'll keep the Klingon warriors on retainer for the next time the stipend is granted.

Stephen D'Angelo
Executive Producer
Star Trek Online
I hate to break this to you but with the increased prices in the C-store it isn't really, for the purposes of seeing what people spend it on its not going to do much as I'd guess most people will grab 4 Doff packs and leave it be, I mean you can't even grab a premium Tier 5 ship with the price increase and it looks like you rplanning on the VA tier ships being 2000 points.

Its generating ill will amongst your customer base and I know it left a sour taste in my mouth that only contrasted with how well the first iteration of the betas DOff system was going.
Lt. Commander
# 52
10-06-2011, 07:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdangelo View Post
We have not made any changes to make ships unlock per character. All ships should still unlock account wide.

Stephen D'Angelo
Executive Producer
Star Trek Online
Yet.

Right?
Lt. Commander
# 53
10-06-2011, 07:28 PM
can you atleast up the points to 2000 so we can get a ship
Lt. Commander
# 54
10-06-2011, 09:27 PM
Has the bug of the bougth C-points not being copied to Test points been fixed now or is it still there?
Lt. Commander
# 55
10-07-2011, 05:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCSWW View Post
I sure hope the current pricing scheme on Tribble never makes it to Holodeck. If it does, I'll be wasting a hell of a lot less money in the C-Store. The current pricing scheme on Tribble will definitely hinder this games chances of survival. Lets face it! Dan knew the ship was singing and got off before anyone even really noticed.
Aye, it makes more and more sense why Dan left, he saw the plans that were ahead and got out on good terms while he could.
Lt. Commander
# 56
10-07-2011, 05:46 AM
Do you think the price changes could be to help offset the monthly C-point allowance Gold members are suppose to get?

I mean, some of those ships will now take an extra month of waiting.
Lt. Commander
# 57
10-07-2011, 05:56 AM
3 updates now and I still can't afford my Commander level ship... seriously you are going to make me grind to captain in a ship I hate just to get a new ship.
Lt. Commander
# 58
10-07-2011, 06:49 AM
Just to gain a little perspective; sure, the cost for some of the c-store items have gone up, but I think it's worth bearing in mind that the game is going FREE to play.

As far as I can see, this means two things:
(a) If you want the premium content you'll simply be paying for C-Store points... only C-Store points. Since F2P ostensibly removes the monthly subscription required to play, it's likely that if you choose the F2P model then you'll only be paying every now and then for a few points, rather than a mandatory subscription every month on top of any C-Points that you wish buy (which is the way things run currently). So will you actually lose any more money than you currently are?; and

(b) If you choose to pay a monthly subscription anyway for a Gold Account model, then you'll receive 400 points to spend in the STO store every month, which will sufficiently mitigate the effects of the price increase for the average buyer.

I'm sure that I've missed something, or that there's a flaw in my logic, because looking at it I lust can't find reason enough to be as ****ed off about this as everyone seems to be. Of course if you take into account people who spend 1000's of C-Points everyday, then maybe they have a right to be a little ****ed off... but does anyone really spend that much on the C-Store? My experience has been, as has been the experience of the dozen or so people I was chatting with last night about this, is that the C-Store has only ever been used every now and then (about twice a month, personally... ish) on items or ships that I'll utilize immediately (which again, comes around once or twice a month). My current spending pattern is probably even in line with the proposed monthly allowance (400 points), with a few extra spent on the rare occasion that a ship hits the store that I really want. My experience may well not be the same as everyone else though. Thoughts?
Lt. Commander
# 59
10-07-2011, 07:22 AM
Yah.. Bought some Doffs with my "free" test points... I'm really liking the Doffs...

Nay... "shakes his head in disbelief" Overpriced or what ??... 220cp, for a pack of 7... that have no mention of Account-wide unlock or per Toon.... Are you guys for real ??

I have always been an advocate of "hold on & wait & see what happens when this hits Holodeck".
Except this time...

With eigtht active toons on the go, it'll cost me 1,760cp to equip them with a pack each... or almost FOUR and a half months worth of my Stipend..... This has got to be the biggest "oops" in pricing ever... I'm hoping this is just an oversight - misprice - or omission of "account-wide-unlock"... If it isn't then guess who won't be buying any when they arrive on the Holodeck C-store ??

Everybody.....
Lt. Commander
# 60
10-07-2011, 08:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SatansHell View Post
Aye, it makes more and more sense why Dan left, he saw the plans that were ahead and got out on good terms while he could.
The dude went to Zynga. That's like trading the Chicago Outfit for the Gambinos.

ETA: And no, I am not seriously comparing Cryptic to Al Capone. Humor aside, Cryptic has not performed extortion, smuggling, or murder, and have not had their vault opened by Geraldo Rivera. Zygna, on the other hand....