Lt. Commander
# 11
10-06-2011, 07:04 PM
Yeah , i love the Balmung too ;p
But it shows what i mean , that there are gaps in designs , we have what could be the gap between C and D fleshed out , with the Cheyenne and New Orleans classes
and bits of D to E with the Steamrunner and Akira , but there are still plenty of gaps which could easily be filled in ;p
Lt. Commander
# 12
10-06-2011, 08:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAJ_2011
As much as this is cool. Where are the flipping canon ships! e.g 2nd phase sovereign refit, ambassdor class, maybe the nx refit that would be awesome and etc.
The only one of those that is, in fact, canon is the Ambassador (Which I'm still betting on being a T4 equivalent to the T3 Excelsior at some point)

The Sovereign and NX refits were both proposed ship designs that were never actually seen on screen. They are no more canon than the Ambassador Prototype or the Voyager prototype.

Remember, just because you think something looks cool doesn't make it canon unless you can point out the actual episode or movie where the design showed up.
Lt. Commander
# 13
10-07-2011, 08:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feor View Post
The only one of those that is, in fact, canon is the Ambassador (Which I'm still betting on being a T4 equivalent to the T3 Excelsior at some point)

The Sovereign and NX refits were both proposed ship designs that were never actually seen on screen. They are no more canon than the Ambassador Prototype or the Voyager prototype.

Remember, just because you think something looks cool doesn't make it canon unless you can point out the actual episode or movie where the design showed up.
They are not the propsed desgins they are the finalized design nx refit and the sovereign refit is canon. It is stated that it was going to be in nemesis but it was pulled out due to budget reasons. So it is canon. The nx refit was going to be used for the next season if enterprise was renewed for another season. If it is stated by the desginer or the company but not used in star trek tv series or movies its still canon.
Lt. Commander
# 14
10-07-2011, 08:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAJ_2011
They are not the propsed desgins they are the finalized design nx refit and the sovereign refit is canon. It is stated that it was going to be in nemesis but it was pulled out due to budget reasons. So it is canon. The nx refit was going to be used for the next season if enterprise was renewed for another season. If it is stated by the desginer or the company but not used in star trek tv series or movies its still canon.
Not correct, the Nemesis version was in Nemesis, so it is canon.

http://ex-astris-scientia.org/articles/sovereign.htm

The fleet that was supposed to meet the Enterprise was pulled due to budget constraints, not the Enterprise.

The Kzinti were planned for the 5th season of "Enterprise".
They were not in since the show was cancelled after Season 4.
Hence Cryptic could not use them in STO.
What was not on screen is not canon.
Lt. Commander
# 15
10-07-2011, 09:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mister_dee
Not correct, the Nemesis version was in Nemesis, so it is canon.

http://ex-astris-scientia.org/articles/sovereign.htm

The fleet that was supposed to meet the Enterprise was pulled due to budget constraints, not the Enterprise.

The Kzinti were planned for the 5th season of "Enterprise".
They were not in since the show was cancelled after Season 4.
Hence Cryptic could not use them in STO.
What was not on screen is not canon.
As far as I am aware Cryptic is not limited to only putting canon things in-game. They can put in hard or soft and even make up new stuff as long as they get approval from... CBS was it?

Anyway, Cryptic and STO is in NO way limited to canon ideas, ships or concepts and hopefully in my opinion it will never be.

-Quiiliitiila
Lt. Commander
# 16
10-07-2011, 10:34 AM
I'd rather Cryptic not put new P2W ships in-game.
Lt. Commander
# 17
10-07-2011, 11:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiiliitiila
As far as I am aware Cryptic is not limited to only putting canon things in-game. They can put in hard or soft and even make up new stuff as long as they get approval from... CBS was it?

Anyway, Cryptic and STO is in NO way limited to canon ideas, ships or concepts and hopefully in my opinion it will never be.

-Quiiliitiila
Anyone who says different obviously didn't read the New Frontier series or they'd know that Capt Calhoun at K-7 comes from. Or the Titan series which gave the game the Luna class ships.
Lt. Commander
# 18
10-07-2011, 11:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiiliitiila

-Quiiliitiila
They are also limited by who holds the license to an idea.
In case of the Kzinti that's still Niven and out of the question, in case of ships from other game companies dstahl said they can't be referenced in one "Ask Cryptic" editon and in case of unreleased ships...?
Who holds the license to the unused Intrepid or the Probert Ambassador?
Lt. Commander
# 19
10-07-2011, 12:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenor-Nyiad View Post
I'd rather Cryptic not put new P2W ships in-game.
Thats why I'm for a Tier 6 level ship-set for when the level cap goes up. Gives us room for more ships.
Lt. Commander
# 20
10-07-2011, 02:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mister_dee
They are also limited by who holds the license to an idea.
In case of the Kzinti that's still Niven and out of the question, in case of ships from other game companies dstahl said they can't be referenced in one "Ask Cryptic" editon and in case of unreleased ships...?
Who holds the license to the unused Intrepid or the Probert Ambassador?
Gee I had no Idea how dispersed the licenses were for the various pieces of Star Trek stuff. I say we all design our own ships copyright them and then give the rights to cryptic for kicks and giggles!

Yup,
Quiiliitiila