Lt. Commander
# 21
10-07-2011, 12:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
I Actually Would Like A Yes Or No Answer To These Holodeck Wipe Posts I Keep Seeing.

So I Know Wether To Bother Playing Or Not.
Where are you guys hearing this from. Is there a source? It just sounds preposterous.
Lt. Commander
# 22
10-07-2011, 12:58 PM
Quote:
I Actually Would Like A Yes Or No Answer To These Holodeck Wipe Posts I Keep Seeing.

Like this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormShade
There is no wipe of Holodeck planned. All of your current characters will be available, as they are now, on the Holodeck server, once the Free-to-play transition has been completed.

Thanks,

Stormshade
Lt. Commander
# 23
10-07-2011, 12:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asakara
Like this?
Thanks, now I can curl my toes in the sand in peace.
Lt. Commander
# 24
10-07-2011, 01:00 PM
Quote:

Holodeck is not going to get wiped.

edit - beaten to it
Lt. Commander
# 25
10-07-2011, 01:02 PM
The prices on C-Store were not suppose to go up but they are going up, so until F2P starts we will not know for sure if the wipe is real or not.
Lt. Commander
# 26
10-07-2011, 01:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grox View Post
Where are you guys hearing this from. Is there a source? It just sounds preposterous.
Nowhere...people make random crap up and then other people come on here demanding denials to the random crap.

The only thing the developers need to be doing is developing the game.

Forum doom and gloomers have and will always exist, and responding to them never helps it just encourages them to keep posting more but new doom and gloom.
Lt. Commander
# 27
10-07-2011, 01:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspired View Post
Forum doom and gloomers have and will always exist, and responding to them never helps it just encourages them to keep posting more but new doom and gloom.
I would say there is more going on than the usual 'doom and gloom' occasional post. Even die hard apologists are angry at cryptic and the changes they are making to the game.
Lt. Commander
# 28
10-07-2011, 01:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt_Equinox
I would say there is more going on than the usual 'doom and gloom' occasional post. Even die hard apologists are angry at cryptic and the changes they are making to the game.
But, not liking the changes is a bit different. There's not much a response is going to do about that. If players don't like the current direction of changes and Cryptic agrees, all that's really needed is modifications to the changes. And even that's really premature since it's still so much a work in progress. For example, we just got the first Tribble build that could include any feedback yesterday.

I suppose Cryptic could release their design docs, but that would imply they're set in stone. And, contrary to what many like to claim, I don't believe that. They have always listened to feedback, which doesn't mean they incorporate all of it, but they have made changes and will likely continue to.
Lt. Commander
# 29
10-07-2011, 02:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kutunto
The prices on C-Store were not suppose to go up but they are going up, so until F2P starts we will not know for sure if the wipe is real or not.
sounds like you are looking for a reason to doomsay. If you are looking for a reason to quit, just quit you are obviously not happy/thrilled any more.

Also, about your quote...meet Schrodiner's Cat only the difference here is there is no evidence of there EVER being a Holodeck wipe since Headstart/Launch.
Lt. Commander
# 30
10-07-2011, 02:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reon View Post
sounds like you are looking for a reason to doomsay. If you are looking for a reason to quit, just quit you are obviously not happy/thrilled any more.
Couldn't agree more. Better yet, unsubscribe and wait till f2p is here. Take a nice little break. And when you're ready to come back, you can enjoy all the new changes to the game for free.