Lt. Commander
# 301
10-06-2011, 12:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SatansHell View Post
Should get the dilithium equivalent of the 250 emblems.

How much dilithium does it cost to buy a MK XI itemon tribble? On holodeck it costs 35 emblems for one MK XI phaserbank, so it shoul be easy to calculate the amount of dilithium per emblem....
Could be largely irrelevant since they have MKXII gear represented with the STF set vendors. Unless they expect MKXII gear only to come from STFs then your MKXI Phaser bank is obsolete. Let the arms race for the new MKXI super gear sets begin... complete with Cryptic pricing them high enough that people are further encouraged to buy currency to get them or spend weeks farming for it.

A.K.A What happened when the initial MKX gear was launched.
Lt. Commander
# 302
10-06-2011, 12:07 PM
Just FYI, I have seen no evidence that emblems will be converted to dilithium at all. As another poster said, if they convert existing emblems, marks of honor, marks of exploration, etc all into dilithium then it would screw up the start of a new currency in STO since everyone gets dilithium "supposedly" at the start of lvl 1.

Do I agree with it? Not really, but that is what is sounds like right now. Might as well spend what you have on holodeck right now.

Edit: it appears I was wrong. Emblems and marks are being converted to dilithium. Not sure what the ratio is though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salami_Inferno
[*]Former emblem and badge store text has been updated to reflect the currency change to refined dilithium.
Edit again-- just realized that is just the store text not actualy conversion. *grumble*
Lt. Commander
# 303
10-06-2011, 01:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KBFLordKrueg View Post
Noooooo....Since all gear, ships and who knows what else is going to be obtained with Dilithium, I would rather have the 250 emblem equivelent in Dilithium.
Just IMOPHO...
I've got more stupid purple BOs that I know what to do with now.
And they're already trained and slotted according to my wishes.
Not trying to be nasty...but that's a really stupid idea, sir.
If by "equivalent in Dilithium" you mean the buying power of 250 Emblems now and not the amount of Dilithium 250 Emblems will be converted into, then I agree.

Z
Lt. Commander
# 304
10-06-2011, 01:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jheinig View Post
I'm not an artist, so I can't do any special uniforms or anything like that.

Currently exploring the possibility of giving a unique bridge officer who has the special trait "Veteran," which is not otherwise available . . . we shall see!
I would not say no to that.
Infinite diversity in infinite combinations!
Lt. Commander
# 305
10-06-2011, 06:10 PM
you know playing on tribble I know why they did this now. They it impossible to get a ship when you level up they want us to buy ships on C-store. ANd since we see today they are going to raise the prices by 30% or so.
Lt. Commander
# 306
10-06-2011, 06:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormShade
A couple of quick notes:

1) I've pulled the mention of emblems from the 500 day Vet Reward page, as it no longer is true. Sorry I didn't get this done sooner.

2) We are working on something else to fill in that spot with. I'll update you all with more details as soon as I can.

Thanks,

Stormshade
I'm assuming the new reward will feel less...rewarding? Honestly the orig 500 reward was the first time I felt that Cryptic was rewarding us for handing them cash blindly....
Lt. Commander
# 307
10-06-2011, 06:43 PM
god dang it ruined something good again i see. i was looking forward to that reward. omg stop screwing the good stuff up already.
Lt. Commander
# 308
10-07-2011, 03:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormShade View Post
A couple of quick notes:

1) I've pulled the mention of emblems from the 500 day Vet Reward page, as it no longer is true. Sorry I didn't get this done sooner.

2) We are working on something else to fill in that spot with. I'll update you all with more details as soon as I can.

Thanks,

Stormshade
I'm not sure if it was in direct response to my post, but thanks for the offical response Stormshade. I'm glad you guys finally fixed the Vet Reward page. I checked on Tribble and the Relentless accolade description correctly omits the Emblems there, so that'll be good going forward, but did you also fix that on Holodeck? Also, I know jheinig came in here after you (below), but were you able to get any more details, or what he says is the most recent?

Quote:
Talked to Geko and Gozer. Currently looking at adding in a special (unique) reward item as the vet reward. (Will refrain from details until I have a better idea of whether I can do it.)
Quote:
I'm not an artist, so I can't do any special uniforms or anything like that.

Currently exploring the possibility of giving a unique bridge officer who has the special trait "Veteran," which is not otherwise available . . . we shall see!
Quote:
Nothing is set in stone yet. My (personal) goal is to have something tasty worked out during the beta.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexsam View Post
If you got the BOff route, make it a BOff of both genders and of each division, allow them to select one, and if they discharge it, allow them to select another.
I wouldn't do it any other way.
Jesse, I appreciate you coming in here and teasing suggestions of an alternate reward. Thank you.

Cryptic has a habit of - I won't say "promising" so will say - expressing forward-looking ideas/hopes that have (yet?) come to fruition. Please take no personal offense, but getting a worthwhile replacement for 250 Emblems? I'll believe it when I see it. And in the form of a BO?...

...But ok, I'll play along... Here's my Vet BO Wishlist:
* The Vet Reward BO needs to come with it's own BO Slot. People who have been playing this long, myself included, are all full up on most characters and we shouldn't have to discharge an existing BO or pay your C-Store for the privilege of receiving a gift. I know we didn't get a slot with the Valiant Captainís Yacht, but you guys are playing make good here, so, uh, now's not the time to be stingy. :p

* There needs to be a version of this BO for all factions (Fed, KDF, and anything that comes down the line in the future).

* You said to Jexsam you wouldn't have it any other way, but I'll reiterate: "make it a BOff of both genders and of each division, allow [the player] to select one, and if they discharge it, allow them to select another."

* Further, allow for full uniform/appearance customization in the tailor, or at least as much is allowable on any regular BOff.

* In addition, to whatever special Trait(s) you have in mind, I would want this BO to be Efficient. Personally, after over a dozen played characters I've never found an Efficient BO naturally during leveling. This is a highly sought after Trait, and except for the Amazon/C-Store Borg it's rare to have, especially on the KDF side. A BO with this trait is welcomed in all builds.

* You suggest a BOff with a special "Veteran" trait? Possibly something from Beta? This new trait had best be especially "tasty." After 500 Days of Paid Play, a player used to be saved months worth of grinding on each character they ever made. And that's what you're up against.

* I'd like it to have "Great" and "Useful" skills, but these terms can be subjective. And do you make a BO with Space or Ground abilities? Regardless, whatever's chosen, the Lt.Cmd and Cmd ranking skills should be of the third order, for sure. Possibly make them as yet ungettable BO version of powers (like how the Referral Photo BO had Photonic Officer III).
That's all I can think of at this point. Except, that finally, I must ask, will players who have already been awarded the 250 Emblems get this Vet BO?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerhelm View Post
I suggest the Holo boff from the referral program...
No, thank you. Absolutely not. That BO is not even close to being worth 250 Emblems.
Lt. Commander
# 309
10-07-2011, 06:55 PM
So I log on after 2 busy weeks at work and I find out I missed my 500 day reward by .75 days (doing math on sept 29th I was on day 499).... No offense.. scratch that I do mean to offend. I don't want a rare Item that you 'personally' want 500 day vets to get. I want to refit my ships with all new very rare energy weapons.. What will you do for the people who have fallen into this gap between the reward and the Dilithium.. Right this second I am at 506.75 days and as a 506.75 day vet I want 5 very rare mk XI weapons for the 6 million credits it will take me to buy them.. I work for a friggan cable company and we do not screw people like this. 500 days was not just some happy coincidence nor is it me demanding a service that didn't exist.. I literally 'paid' for this because it was in writing on the site.. If I knew the reward was based on the personal hopes and wished of the devs I'd have appreciated a warning ahead of time.. Or hell even an apology in the patch notes.. I am sure the devs at cryptic go to work every day and makes decisions after long discussions. And no one thought to add an explanation in the patch notes and an apology.. "We will figure out what to do for the people falling between the gap from paid to F2P..." is all it would've taken. Instead I am ****ed off and thinking I should keep my $15 per month, $15 dollars I had (past tense) every intention of paying after F2P. I pay less for netflix and that CEO had the sense to atleast send out a canned email explaining the changes to existing 'paying' customers.
Lt. Commander
# 310
10-21-2011, 10:23 AM
I wanted to bump thsi thread to find out if there has been any further news for people like me who fell through the cracks. I hit 500 on Oct 1st and lost my 250 Emblems.

Has Cryptic given any update?