Lt. Commander
# 1 Path to F2P Dev Blog #8
10-07-2011, 02:42 PM
Kestrel checks in with today's entry along The Path to F2P, to tell us all about another great way to not only earn some more Dilithium, but also more of the story of Star Trek Online.

Link to the Article
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-07-2011, 02:53 PM
More gated and limited dilithium gathering make-work.

Plus the note on how it's appearently going to be common that you'll collect endless duplicates, and not the missing segments you're missing.

Not terribly encouraging.
Lt. Commander
# 3
10-07-2011, 02:56 PM
Great idea! Already collected a few of these, and they are fun to read.
Lt. Commander
# 4
10-07-2011, 03:14 PM
When this hits live deffo gonna try and do this every day. Should be a nice little money maker for duplicates.

Also, very nice job Kestrel, love your work.
Lt. Commander
# 5
10-07-2011, 03:17 PM
EDIT: Oh! My bad, I thought Stephen had posted this blog entry! Always good to hear from Kestrel, and as a spotlight on a mission type being introduced, pretty cool. Thank you =)
Lt. Commander
# 6
10-07-2011, 03:20 PM
So just how random are the Datachips going to be? Am I going to be collecting insane amount of duplicates for months on end never to see the one I need to finish it off? Able to be put on the exchange? I already see the price gouging coming with this. Just how random are the Lore missions? Is it going to be the same question asked several times for months on end and never be able to finish just like the Datachips? 200+ more Accolades? Thanks, just what I needed. Guess I better get the last 3 sectors for RAs finished off fast, start finishing off the nebula explorations and the standard sector defense accolades.
Lt. Commander
# 7
10-07-2011, 03:35 PM
I did my first one of these on Qo'noS last night. It was a nice bonus to acquiring dilithium. However, the vast size of the collection will prevent me from really making a huge effort to get them all. The accolades will be nice, but I'm not going to sweat completing that.
Lt. Commander
# 8
10-07-2011, 03:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ally_of_the_Force View Post
So just how random are the Datachips going to be? Am I going to be collecting insane amount of duplicates for months on end never to see the one I need to finish it off?
I've been doing it daily since Tribble F2P launch and I've already gotten one duplicate.
Lt. Commander
# 9
10-07-2011, 03:48 PM
For some reason, I thought Kestrel was a guy... Hmmm...
Lt. Commander
# 10
10-07-2011, 03:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ally_of_the_Force View Post
So just how random are the Datachips going to be? Am I going to be collecting insane amount of duplicates for months on end never to see the one I need to finish it off? Able to be put on the exchange? I already see the price gouging coming with this. Just how random are the Lore missions? Is it going to be the same question asked several times for months on end and never be able to finish just like the Datachips? 200+ more Accolades? Thanks, just what I needed. Guess I better get the last 3 sectors for RAs finished off fast, start finishing off the nebula explorations and the standard sector defense accolades.
I've been collecting these datachips daily since the these missions arrived on TRIBBLE and I've only had 2 duplicates so far.

Each Volume looks to be one of the log entries on the Path to 2409 Timeline, with each Volume being subdivided into separate Chapters. Each Datachip is one Chapter, so it looks like there are going to a lot of chips to collect, and enough of a selection that getting duplicates shouldn't happen too often.

If you like collections and lore, this is good stuff.