Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Lt. Commander
# 17
10-08-2011, 01:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MelineAaele View Post
I stopped doing PvE missions a long time ago, there is simply no challenge in PvE, and thus no sense of progress or accomplishment. Other than in the 3 Borg STFs, there isnt even any loot worth the timeinvestment.. And now that they messed up PvP... Again... I havent actually played in 3-4 weeks.
Yeah, I mostly only play PvE because I really consider Star Trek: Online a single-player video game I can play indefinitely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyryck
Gee, are you inferring that Cryptic made STO as a "super-hero-in-space" type of MMO?
Hehe. Actually, the game does have something over City of Heroes. In Star Trek Online, the Player Character can pretty much be considered the ONLY Super-Captain in his particular instance. At the end of the day, I like to think the reason you're deluged with orders is that after you finish one of the fronts that every Admiral in Starfleet thinks you're EXACTLY the sort of hammer they need for whatever nail they have.

That Tellarite Admiral in the Khazan Cluster, though? GOD, I hate that guy because he basically says, "Yeah, you need to kill all these Klingons/Hirogen/Remans/etc here."

I like to pretend my character is constantly struggling with being considered Starfleet's personal attack Targ.

"It's five squadrons! I'm one ship! Are you insane?"

"You've done it before!"