Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
10-06-2011, 11:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralJumper1
All the lifers have left are the Liberated Borg Captain and the not paying monthly anymore, how about some Liberated Borg Doffs to got with the new F2P? Would be one new thing that can be added, it does say "More on the way!" on the Commit for life page, yet we haven't seen or gotten anything new, just things being given to Veteran rewards.

http://www.startrekonline.com/lifetime
Personally Jumper, i don't agree with you. I didn't really take the "More on the way" factor into my purchase.
I purchased the other 6 items and am very happy with it.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12
10-07-2011, 12:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirian_darkstar View Post
Sounds more like he is stating a fact.
Its not a fact though, unless you have actually lost something, but all of the items you listed are still available to LTS members. That is why, to me at least, it seemed like he was complaining.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
10-07-2011, 12:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FurQue
Its not a fact though, unless you have actually lost something, but all of the items you listed are still available to LTS members. That is why, to me at least, it seemed like he was complaining.
Alright, I'll explain it to you from a LTS perspective, please keep an open mind.

We bought this for the distinct and unique advantages it gives. Those are now virtually all universal and not worth buying. Not paying monthly? Ya that's nice, but I wouldn't have to pay monthly if I was a F2P, which is NEARLY the same as being a LTS. Stipend? Oh you mean every 5 months I get a free ship for paying over 200$, totally worth it *sarcasm*.

Okay, yes, if we bought LTS before the game came out we'd break even. But you aren't taking into account a couple factors:

1) Not everyone bought LTS before it came out, a lot, like myself, have yet to "break even" and never will.

2) You're assuming that the people who bought LTS would have renewed the sub for EVERY SINGLE MONTH since the games release, I'm sorry, that's not the case. A lot of people quit after they buy it, a lot go inactive randomly for months. Since they do that (even I have), those months are essentially months we wouldn't have had to sub at all for. When I played SWG, I randomly unsubbed for 2-3 months at a time, then came back, as did a lot of my friends.

Most people won't be subbed for EVERY SINGLE month of the game and even more people won't play for EVERY SINGLE month of the game. So your argument of "Oh hey, you guys have broken even" only applies to a few of us, and while true assuming a couple of extremely unlikely factors occurred, don't take into account the multitude of other factors.

While yes, it was our choice to make and we shouldn't regret it, asking for something to distinguish ourselves from others (aside form a pretty colored forum name and a title), is logical and to be expected. Though I don't know if this specific one is the right solution.

Perhaps we haven't lost anything, except for that which distinguishes us from others. Technically, we simply haven't gained anything for buying this, other than a pathetic stipend, cool colored forum names and not needing to ever sub again, although at quite a price -- it wasn't exactly free.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14
10-08-2011, 01:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AriusDecimus
Alright, I'll explain it to you from a LTS perspective, please keep an open mind.

We bought this for the distinct and unique advantages it gives. Those are now virtually all universal and not worth buying. Not paying monthly? Ya that's nice, but I wouldn't have to pay monthly if I was a F2P, which is NEARLY the same as being a LTS. Stipend? Oh you mean every 5 months I get a free ship for paying over 200$, totally worth it *sarcasm*.

Okay, yes, if we bought LTS before the game came out we'd break even. But you aren't taking into account a couple factors:

1) Not everyone bought LTS before it came out, a lot, like myself, have yet to "break even" and never will.

2) You're assuming that the people who bought LTS would have renewed the sub for EVERY SINGLE MONTH since the games release, I'm sorry, that's not the case. A lot of people quit after they buy it, a lot go inactive randomly for months. Since they do that (even I have), those months are essentially months we wouldn't have had to sub at all for. When I played SWG, I randomly unsubbed for 2-3 months at a time, then came back, as did a lot of my friends.

Most people won't be subbed for EVERY SINGLE month of the game and even more people won't play for EVERY SINGLE month of the game. So your argument of "Oh hey, you guys have broken even" only applies to a few of us, and while true assuming a couple of extremely unlikely factors occurred, don't take into account the multitude of other factors.

While yes, it was our choice to make and we shouldn't regret it, asking for something to distinguish ourselves from others (aside form a pretty colored forum name and a title), is logical and to be expected. Though I don't know if this specific one is the right solution.

Perhaps we haven't lost anything, except for that which distinguishes us from others. Technically, we simply haven't gained anything for buying this, other than a pathetic stipend, cool colored forum names and not needing to ever sub again, although at quite a price -- it wasn't exactly free.
Well, out of all my friends in the game, of that which subscribe, I don't know any, whom have unsubscribed for more than a single month. So I don't buy your theory on people unsubscribing for months on end.

How is it logical to expect more from the game when you have "definitely" paid less than me? Every month I sub for right now, I'm paying more and more than "most" LTS members.

How can you state that there will be no break even point for LTS? Have you even seen the restrictions upon silver accounts? Only just recently, and I mean in the last day or two have they changed their minds on allowing silvers to hold more than 4 BOFF's. Thats right, as a silver member, you wouldn't of been allowed to even fill yours ship slots, anyway, thats been fixed now. But still, you WILL break even, if you were to buy right now, there WILL be a break even point. If you want to be silly, and claim some stupid 6 month sabbatical in the middle east, then fine, it doesn't matter, point is, there will be a break even point, the only way there wouldnt be is if you simply stop playing permanently before you broke even. Which, i think you'll agree, is extremely unlikely.

So, I'll ask again.

Why should you, a LTS who has provided less money to the game than me (assuming we boith have paid the same in the c-store, i mean why would that be different?), the difference getting bigger every month, and will continue to do so, get something more than me?

That makes no sense at all.

LTS is a very very bad business decision, its basically guaranteeing that the service will do exactly what it has done, and move to FTP. Esp considering the change of ownership, most of the lts sub money would have been absorbed by Atari, very little if anything would have been retained for development, as we can clearly see. So cryptic, once sold, would have been left with a load of "free loaders" from their prospective. We can see what a massive difference PW has already made to this game, cryptic are working hard again, things are happening, sure, things are still going wrong, but its a mmo, its a living breathing entity. Its not always going to be smooth, and most of us understand that. Point is, the "cash" which LTS'ers injected and think saved STO right at its birth, is a misplaced theory. It simply got taken away by Atari and was never seen again. Now cryptic is left with the aftermath, which is a bunch of "free loading" (from their prospective) players, who not only get gold for free, but also get C-Store points for free.

It makes no sense to spend extra resources on keeping these people happy, as the game will NEVER see a return of investment for it. Just be happy with your permagold status. The rest of us will be paying for it.

The worst kind of player in this game for cryptic is an LTS player, you expect more and more, but provide nothing in return.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15
10-08-2011, 02:11 AM
That would be because many of us that DID buy lts before the game even launched took a gamble on the fact the game would even be around a year later. YOU don't have to like/understand that fact. The devs show their appreciation by throwing us a bone once in a while. We have every right to ask for x/y/z same as you. YOU don't like US asking for anything which is YOUR problem. So let it rest. Worst case scenario when we ask for something is.......we don't get it. It's not YOUR place to dictate if we can ask the devs for stuff. If they decide that they still appreciate the risk some of us took on then they can decide if they feel like giving us anything.

You really should unbunch those panties.....it must be hurting you alot to come into everythread with a lifer asking for something to throw up the "hey you can't ask for anything nonsense" the devs will make the decisions, not YOU.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
10-08-2011, 02:14 AM
and you're right if you've subbed the whole time then you have currently paid more then a lifer's sub......guess you shoulda bought that lts? And yes whena game offers a lts from the get go........its a sign that they arn't sure how the business is going to go.......we took the risk the game wouldn't be around long enough to recoup our investment, you took the risk that it WOULD be around long enough to recoup that investment.

If YOU ask for something i can tell you for a fact i won't be jumping in and saying hey i don't think you deserve that.....ya know what i'll do? I'll let the powers that be make the decisions. I have better things to worry about then what group x/y/z is getting that i won't get because i'm not part of that group.

To be honest while i think a liberated borg doff would be cool, i don't see it happening.....as a free thing.....and i'm okay with that. I PERSONALLY feel i have gotten what i paid for, and with the new f2p set up i'll get an extra bonus. I don't need anything extra on top of what was already offered BY THE DEVS. But thats just me as i paid for my lts before the game launched so i have made my investment back, some however......have not and will not recoup their investment. They took a chance later on and lost out as far as i'm concerned.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 17
10-08-2011, 02:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jentai View Post
and you're right if you've subbed the whole time then you have currently paid more then a lifer's sub......guess you shoulda bought that lts? And yes whena game offers a lts from the get go........its a sign that they arn't sure how the business is going to go.......we took the risk the game wouldn't be around long enough to recoup our investment, you took the risk that it WOULD be around long enough to recoup that investment.

If YOU ask for something i can tell you for a fact i won't be jumping in and saying hey i don't think you deserve that.....ya know what i'll do? I'll let the powers that be make the decisions. I have better things to worry about then what group x/y/z is getting that i won't get because i'm not part of that group.

To be honest while i think a liberated borg doff would be cool, i don't see it happening.....as a free thing.....and i'm okay with that. I PERSONALLY feel i have gotten what i paid for, and with the new f2p set up i'll get an extra bonus. I don't need anything extra on top of what was already offered BY THE DEVS. But thats just me as i paid for my lts before the game launched so i have made my investment back, some however......have not and will not recoup their investment. They took a chance later on and lost out as far as i'm concerned.
How has any lifer lost out?

Even if i was to buy an LTS today, I would not lose out. It would take some time to recover the costs, sure, but it would happen eventually, as i wouldn't be subbing anymore.

There was no risk at ALL of this game not making it for 24 months. If it didnt have the Star Trek name to back it, then yes, you'd have my respect for putting your money down, but as it does have the legendary Star Trek name then, there was no way it was going to pass away within a year. People are STILL playing Armada, how old is that game?

My last point, should I ask for stuff only current subbers should get and not lifers? Think thats fair?

Didn't think so.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 18
10-08-2011, 02:24 AM
"More on the way!"
"More on the way!"
"More on the way!"
"More on the way!"

how hard is it for you whiney f2p'ers to understand "More on the way!" means "More on the way!"

More on the way hasn't happened. So yea, us lifetimers, have a damn good right to request "More on the way!"

Now shoo mr goomba. Go run into some italians trippin on shrooms.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 19
10-08-2011, 02:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyph27 View Post
"More on the way!"
"More on the way!"
"More on the way!"
"More on the way!"

how hard is it for you whiney f2p'ers to understand "More on the way!" means "More on the way!"

More on the way hasn't happened. So yea, us lifetimers, have a damn good right to request "More on the way!"

Now shoo mr goomba. Go run into some italians trippin on shrooms.
Who the hell is F2P? I pay every month and will continue to do so. You pay nothing right now, and never will again, so you have no right.

More on the way was the vet rewards.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 20
10-08-2011, 02:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FurQue
Who the hell is F2P? I pay every month and will continue to do so. You pay nothing right now, and never will again, so you have no right.

More on the way was the vet rewards.
You sir are wrong. plain and simple. Your butt hurts and your crying like a little girl. No you didn't pay for a lts so yes you are paying currently. We paid for a LIFE TIME SUBSCRIPTION.....yep that means we have a subscription just like you......we simply paid less for it all said and done. The company decided to offer it because they were uncertain of the games future so they took a risk and offered the lts if we were willing to take the risk as well. You can say there was NO RISK all you want, but your just spewing hot air. We have every right to ask for what ever we please. Your just being a jerk and saying YOU are the only one(s) that have any rights. Go dunk your head in the toilet already.

and how do you know us LIFERS arn't paying anythign into the game? sorry to say but i've been putting in a steady stream of cstore purchases all along......and when they offered the galaxy x as a reward way back when....guess what i paid for 5 buddie to play for a month so i could get my goodies because i WANTED TO SUPPORT THE GAME. So no in fact YOU have NOT paid more money into sto the I have......so shut up.

Not to mention i bought multiple copies of the game so i could get all the starter goodies as well.....yeah i'm real sure you've paid more then me and that entitles YOU to tell ME i have no rights.........
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:17 AM.