Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 41
10-08-2011, 07:14 AM
It's not his fault that i get overly agitated when people are "less then nice". that falls on me, and before the conversation even got to page 3 i had already reported myself stating that i had gone too far cus i just couldn't help it......not to say i think he has the right of things, but i did get more agitated then was warranted.

I do agree with him that lifers don't need any more SPECIAL treatment, i havn't asked for anything extra for lifers. And agree that perhaps a good go around is to in fact have 3 teirs of players, Silver, Lifers, Subbed......if ou have a life time you get basically what they are offering now, and if they REALLY wanted subs to exist they could make a third teir that has some extra goodies for those that want to pay for a monthly sub. If it warranted the $15 sub i'd more then likly resub again to help support the game but i'm not going to do so for free. IF this is all that will be (lifers/sub and silver) then i will support the game by purhcasing cstore points as i have continued to do.

For the comments that went too far i apologize, but i will not apologize about disagreeing with your stance on things. We can't all get along but i can TRY to be more civil.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 42
10-08-2011, 07:14 AM
unfortunately you replied exactly how i expected you to. On the bright side i still trust my feelings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FurQue
I'm sorry but you have taken what I have said and misplaced the context.
No, you're not sorry. If you were it wouldn't be followed by the rest of your post.

Quote:
I didnt call anyone silly, I didnt call anyone stupid. "if you want to be silly" is a far cry from "you are silly"
Yes you did. You worded it in such a way that in order to make the 'stupid' argument he made he would have to be silly, he already made the 'stupid' argument ergo he's silly.

Quote:
A lts'er WAS moaning, I questioned it, at no point did I say ALL lts's moan.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FurQue
Why do LTS's moan
Speaks for itself.

Quote:
lts'ers are worse to have in the game than silver accounts, as silver accounts will have to pay for everything. lts'er will pay for very little. How can you not see that?
Not only do free players pay nothing but there is no guaruntee whatsoever that they will use the c-store, just as there's no guaruntee that a lifetime subber has bought everything and only ever intends on using the stipend points. There' the chance that a free player might spend more, just as there's the chance that a lifetimer might spend more.

Your argument is based on one assumption that only narrowly exists to further your particular agenda, you make no attempt at all to see the other possibilities. I don't need to ask how you don't see that, I know you don't see it because it doesn't help your argument.

Quote:
I never said lts'ers are the worst kind of players. "The worst kind of player in this game for cryptic is an LTS player" is completely different to "LTS'ers are the worst kind of players."
I know what you meant when you said it. Whichever way you choose to look at it, it comes down to being a rude attempt to bully people into your opinion.

Quote:
I never said lts'ers have no rights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FurQue
You pay nothing right now, and never will again, so you have no right.
You said that to a lifetime subber.

This is the second time in this post you said you didn't say something that you did. Why the backtracking? Are you afraid someone might report you? This is just a different form of the whole 'victim' angle. You're trying to push the responsibility of your words elsewhere.

Quote:
Explain what "wild claims" I have made? On second thoughts, probably best not to as you seem to be having difficulty understanding my posts.
That's understandable.

I'll once again go against my feelings and hope that you do actually understand what wild claims i mean. However my feelings tell me you wont, so i'll just say they relate to what i was talking about with you only seeing what you want to see to further your own arguments.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 43
10-08-2011, 08:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cormoran View Post

Quote:
Who the hell is F2P? I pay every month and will continue to do so. You pay nothing right now, and never will again, so you have no right.

More on the way was the vet rewards.
You said that to a lifetime subber.

This is the second time in this post you said you didn't say something that you did. Why the backtracking? Are you afraid someone might report you? This is just a different form of the whole 'victim' angle. You're trying to push the responsibility of your words elsewhere.


.
That quote's been badly taken out of context. The quote was in response to this

Quote:
"More on the way!"
"More on the way!"
"More on the way!"
"More on the way!"

how hard is it for you whiney f2p'ers to understand "More on the way!" means "More on the way!"

More on the way hasn't happened. So yea, us lifetimers, have a damn good right to request "More on the way!"

Now shoo mr goomba. Go run into some italians trippin on shrooms.
So it looks like he's not backtracking, he just has issues with being quoted out of context. I can understand that, it really isn't nice to have words put in your mouth.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 44
10-08-2011, 11:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cormoran View Post
This is the second time in this post you said you didn't say something that you did. Why the backtracking? Are you afraid someone might report you? This is just a different form of the whole 'victim' angle. You're trying to push the responsibility of your words elsewhere.


That's understandable.

I'll once again go against my feelings and hope that you do actually understand what wild claims i mean. However my feelings tell me you wont, so i'll just say they relate to what i was talking about with you only seeing what you want to see to further your own arguments.
Really? Its already been pointed out to you, and not just by me, that you are twisting my words to better suit your argument.

I have no idea what you mean when say wild accusations, are you trying to call me a liar, by saying I don't have the accounts that I have?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 45
10-08-2011, 05:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Militis View Post
That quote's been badly taken out of context.
It being a response to something someone else said has absolutely no bearing on that. Regardless of that quote his response was that they, as a lifer (made abundantly clear from his 'you don't pay' comment), have no rights. He's had this attitude towards lifers for some time now, you and i are nothing but leeches to him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FurQue
Really? Its already been pointed out to you, and not just by me, that you are twisting my words to better suit your argument.

I have no idea what you mean when say wild accusations, are you trying to call me a liar, by saying I don't have the accounts that I have?
I'm not the one twisting your words, you are. You're now backtracking on what you said previously in the hope that it won't sound as bad as you originally made it sound now that you've been called out on it.

I'm not surprised you say you have no idea, again, my feelings told me you'd feign ignorance on that. I won't indulge that sort of attitude.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 46
10-08-2011, 05:34 PM
Exclusive to lifers ? - No

An actual ingame item everyone can earn as a reward - similar to the Borg Boff ? - I fully support that and would go one further and say the Borg Boff from KA should be a Doff...

That way I dont have a lumbersom uncustomisable drone lurching around my ship that I cannot trade to get trained and is ineffective as a ground or space boff compared to other officers available.

Seriously... with the Seven of Nine set, I can literally turn my entire crew into Borg with implants and the like... while getting the traits, skills and look I want.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 47
10-08-2011, 05:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FurQue
Why do LTS's moan about getting something new, you've had your stuff, and you still get gold for free, why do the devs ever need to give you anything more? Why do you deserve anything more? Everyone who bought a LTS pre-release has more than broken even now, as soon as you break even, you are actually worse to have in the game than a silver player. Why should that be rewarded?
Well to be honest those of us who payed way early like pre-release or just at release really payed up front for a unknown entity. We gave them working capital with the promise of more to come. You know what that sound like? Investing. Guess what investors expect continued returns on their investments. In the early stage of this game when a lot of plaayers fled and took their subscription money with them. Cryptic had our upfront dollars to work with.

We were investors not just subscribers. Investors demand return that is how business works.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 48
10-08-2011, 05:47 PM
Players have invested money and time playing the game. Thus Liberated Borg Doffs could be rewarded via the Vet rewards as a reward for investing subscription time in the game.

The Vet rewards have been getting rather thin of late and the recent knockback of the emblem reward has caused extreme annoyance. Instead of rewarding something stupid like a Captains Yaht, Fireworks or an extra ship slot.

It would be helpful to INCREASE the Vet rewards on all the days as a means of encouraging subscriptions.
Dosent just benefit lifers either.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 49
10-08-2011, 10:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cormoran View Post
It being a response to something someone else said has absolutely no bearing on that. Regardless of that quote his response was that they, as a lifer (made abundantly clear from his 'you don't pay' comment), have no rights. He's had this attitude towards lifers for some time now, you and i are nothing but leeches to him.



I'm not the one twisting your words, you are. You're now backtracking on what you said previously in the hope that it won't sound as bad as you originally made it sound now that you've been called out on it.

I'm not surprised you say you have no idea, again, my feelings told me you'd feign ignorance on that. I won't indulge that sort of attitude.


Again, I've explained it twice now as has someone else in this thread, your refusal to acknowledge your error is evidence that you have no interest in a discussion. You have twisted words, taken them completely out of context and then refuse to clarify your position on your statements.

I do have 3 accounts, 2 of which are over 500 days subs. Do you need me to prove it to you?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 50
10-09-2011, 12:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FurQue


Again, I've explained it twice now as has someone else in this thread, your refusal to acknowledge your error is evidence that you have no interest in a discussion. You have twisted words, taken them completely out of context and then refuse to clarify your position on your statements.

I do have 3 accounts, 2 of which are over 500 days subs. Do you need me to prove it to you?
So one other person was wrong too, logical though is not based on a democracy, again you're using only the information that suits you.

You also only wish to focus on what can be easily used to continue an argument since you never bothered to even acknowledge my point, which pertains more to this threads actual topic, on the possibilites of lifers spending more than freeplayers and vice versa.

Honestly, i'm done with this, i feel too sorry for you to keep digging at you like this. Being such an abrasive person whilst taking the victim route the second someone stands up to it isn't really an existance to be proud of, whether online or not. You may continue to attempt to berate and argue if you wish, it will only show other people what sort of a person you are.

Such a shame.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:29 PM.