Lt. Commander
# 11
10-08-2011, 11:29 PM
I'm optimistic - just not quiet about it, which is why I usually avoid the threads that have been posted as late

raging gives me indigestion

personally I don't think the game is going to change as much as people rage it is... I also don't think it's going to die as much as people think. Despite the fact that there's a VERY small handful of followers on the forum, there are a lot more people who spend MOST of their time ingame instead of forum raging - cool people who help with missions, most of which don't really seem to care about the F2P at all (a few of them who are friends of mine that didn't even know about it until they got some emails lol) and there's even more just waiting to get INTO the game through the F2Player/Demo/Whatever system

The main problem - to my mind - is the massive economy change (we've got like twelve different forms of currency right now... there was bound to be a mess) that's been thrown in WITH the F2P. If it was just F2P or just F2P and the DOFF system then there probably wouldn't be as much raging... but because so much of it is happening at once (there might be such a thing as too MUCH new content) everyone is freaking out. Rumors based on scraps of information from the Dev's, and LOUD rages from tribble at least three builds out of date, persist despite the constant flux Tribble is in right now.

And God forbid you say 'these changes are just trials - nothing is confirmed' ... that'll get you flamed REALLY fast lol

For myself, as I said, I'm optimistic... but I'm careful about where I say it
Lt. Commander
# 12
10-09-2011, 05:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zanshi View Post
I don't think you're crazy for wanting that.

But you're not into big booms?! WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU MAN?!?
Get a Quantum Mortar, all the big booms you ever wanted and you never have to go back into space (until the mortar kills everything within range at least).
Lt. Commander
# 13
10-09-2011, 12:32 PM
I'm cautiously optimistic. We've gotten a few good promises about the economy getting re-priced. I suspect if they aren't outwardly lying about that, we'll see that change within the next two builds, aka within the next two weeks. A build a week is really fast for Cryptic, and it's not even close to "new build time" where they could actually deliver on these promises. And besides, so long as the current build isn't the one that goes live, there's still time to fix things.

Whether anyone likes it or not, more time is what they need. Plain and simple.
Lt. Commander
# 14
10-09-2011, 01:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexsam View Post
I'm cautiously optimistic. We've gotten a few good promises about the economy getting re-priced. I suspect if they aren't outwardly lying about that, we'll see that change within the next two builds, aka within the next two weeks. A build a week is really fast for Cryptic, and it's not even close to "new build time" where they could actually deliver on these promises. And besides, so long as the current build isn't the one that goes live, there's still time to fix things.

Whether anyone likes it or not, more time is what they need. Plain and simple.
I agree that they need more time. Now, let's see if they use that time to listen to us about how bad it will be if they leave things alone or only slightly tweak it.