Lt. Commander
# 11
10-05-2011, 02:44 AM
this effected me too
Lt. Commander
# 12
10-05-2011, 04:50 AM
This is affecting me as well. This is probably affecting everyone, and it may be related to the Doff assignments occasionally completing without giving a reward as it seems similar in that you complete something but get no confirmation or reward when it is concluded. Then again they could be two separate bugs since the cluster anomalies are NEVER giving me anything and of the Doff assignments only 2 I've done have bugged out and given no completed tab clickly/no rewards.
Lt. Commander
Seems that any Explore areas have any of the Anomaly Scans deactivated in the F2P Server.

I have not seen any post from DEV's about this, but it looks like they may want more Game Testing, as opposed to Farming Anomalies to do Research.
Lt. Commander
# 14
10-05-2011, 10:27 AM
Hopefully this will get fixed with this weekend's patch.
Lt. Commander
# 15
10-05-2011, 10:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solar_Searcher
I have not seen any post from DEV's about this, but it looks like they may want more Game Testing, as opposed to Farming Anomalies to do Research.
Actually, you would probably be wrong. How awesome would it be to have new people show up and find the crafting system is well below par (due to few materials being generated)? Yeah, I bet it would be great. Unless specifically told otherwise, I think the devs want people to play normally. Part of leveling up is gearing yourself, and research is a part of that. However, I noticed that I don't get any rewards for doing the explore missions (it says 'level appropriate reward' but nothing is actually generated) so I'm guessing it has to do with dilithium not being available yet. Anomalies in missions work fine, it's just the ones in sector space in clusters that are empty.

It's funny you mention 'game testing' as something separate from 'research'. Crafting is part of the game and can often be a major consideration to some MMO players. "Farming anomalies to do research", as you put it, is exactly what many new players are going to do, after all. I don't think they left it out intentionally. I think it was just a simple pass to remove marks and such and this was collateral damage.
Lt. Commander
# 16
10-09-2011, 08:28 AM
I have not been back to the Archanis Arm yet, but Anomaly Scanning is Back to Normal in Delta Volanis.
Lt. Commander
# 17
10-10-2011, 05:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Remianen View Post
It's funny you mention 'game testing' as something separate from 'research'. Crafting is part of the game and can often be a major consideration to some MMO players. "Farming anomalies to do research", as you put it, is exactly what many new players are going to do, after all. I don't think they left it out intentionally. I think it was just a simple pass to remove marks and such and this was collateral damage.
I separated research From Normal game Play, because what I have seen in Research so far, is the same as what I have seen already on Holodeck. True, I did not get very far into Research thus far, on the F2P Server, but, on the Skin, it looks like it always did since changes were put in place in the open game server.

Whereas, the Game Progression has some Vast Changes visible from the Outset of Play Start. I do not see that distinction in Research yet.