Lt. Commander
# 1 Mission Level Matching
10-10-2011, 10:02 AM
Good afternoon. I was wondering if mission level matching was active for all missions. I am Captain 4 now and will I am still doing Klingon storyline missions the rewards from them are still MK 2 instead of being MK 8. The only missions that seem to match my level are the Devidian ones.
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-10-2011, 11:04 AM
The mission scale to your level. All enemys should read zero level difference. The rewards however never did. That is one of the things that needs adjusting with the new system.
Devidian series rewards have been scaling since the beginning, so no need for those to change.
Lt. Commander
# 3
10-10-2011, 11:39 AM
I believe that the Patrol missions do not scale. Everything else now appears to scale and I am not a fan, especially knowing that rewards do not scale.

I have been running around at Commander with Mk II and Mk III equipment, simply because nothing better has dropped. The story missions I am forced to do right now only reward Mk II equipment. This has to stop.

I knew the Dividean gear would scale by Tier, since that was how the FE series was set up. When Skirmish became available at Lieutenant Commander, I saved it until Commander. I would need to use that mission to get level appropriate gear for a change.

Scaling challenges without scaling rewards is no fun at all.. Scaling challenges is just barely any fun at all. We should have something to show for our efforts other than higher numbers on our character sheets. At some point a challenge to our old Lieutenants should be trivial to our Vice Admirals. This never happens now.
Lt. Commander
# 4
10-10-2011, 12:03 PM
I like the mission scaling personally. What I didn't like is how on Holodeck, if I went off and did some alternate method of gaining XP for a while, when I returned to the storyline I was woefully overpowered. No challenge at all.

The way it is now, you're constantly at a decent level of challenge, no matter what rank you are.

As soon as they fix the item scaling, it'll be perfect.
Lt. Commander
# 5
10-10-2011, 12:11 PM
Yeah, the three problems with the current system on Tribble.

1) Rewards should be tiered, either by rank or in increments of a mark every five levels.

2) Multiple fronts should open up, and you should have the ability to choose between them, rather than a linear slog. To an extent the entire concept of level scaling seems to suggest something like this should be there anyway.

3) The Patrols don't scale at all.
Lt. Commander
# 6
10-10-2011, 12:54 PM
Dunnlang - I am in the same boat (so to speak). Captain with mostly MK 3 gear. Got tired of doing the Devidians over an over again to get level appropriate gear.
Lt. Commander
# 7
10-10-2011, 12:54 PM
Defend missions do not scale either.