Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
10-10-2011, 10:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Data
Pay 2 win awesome sauce. So magnetic overload + PSW + CPB + Tric spread = dead before you can fire a shot.
On paper seems no worse than sensorscan,SNB, PSW, BW+TB = death.
Other than any other outrageiuosly easy combo.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12
10-10-2011, 10:06 AM
I'm hoping that by limiting it to Cruisers that BoPs/B'Rels/Kar'Fis/Carriers can't use it, right?

Because a Kar'Fi/Carrier using that could have some VERY interesting (read: disastrous) combos.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
10-10-2011, 10:06 AM
groovy.
not.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14
10-10-2011, 11:03 AM
Other potential issues aside, I'm not quite sure why I'd ever want to push someone so far I can't even shoot at them any more?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15
10-10-2011, 11:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artificialx
Other potential issues aside, I'm not quite sure why I'd ever want to push someone so far I can't even shoot at them any more?
because you CAN !
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
10-10-2011, 11:28 AM
Edit: preemptive "Stormshade is on the prowl" deletion
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 17
10-10-2011, 12:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artificialx
Other potential issues aside, I'm not quite sure why I'd ever want to push someone so far I can't even shoot at them any more?
What amidoinitright said. And:
- Pushing away the enemy healer
- Pushing your enemy in the midst of some allied cloaked vessels (who could use TBR to keep him in distance from his enemies).

I don't think the repel is that problematic. It's fun. But a 5+ seconds stun isn't a good idea.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 18
10-10-2011, 01:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
What amidoinitright said. And:
- Pushing away the enemy healer
- Pushing your enemy in the midst of some allied cloaked vessels (who could use TBR to keep him in distance from his enemies).

I don't think the repel is that problematic. It's fun. But a 5+ seconds stun isn't a good idea.
Yea but, you can do that all with TBR and STILL keep shooting at them...AND it does more damage!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 19
10-10-2011, 01:08 PM
Even with a 12km push, you can still have an escort burn towards the target and have plenty of time to kill him in the window of the 9 second stun. Or you if you have the skill, push enemies towards a cloaked escort waiting to unload an alpha.

These abilities need to be balanced against losing a console slot. By that metric ablative, MVAM, AMS, and this new magnetic overload are all severely overpowered. The most recent example of a console that is actually fairly well balanced is the RI console, ironically enough. I don't have one but I know that if I did I would have to think hard about the trade-offs before equipping it. All those other abilities I listed are always worth equipping, which is a failure of balance and design.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 20
10-10-2011, 01:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artificialx
Yea but, you can do that all with TBR and STILL keep shooting at them...AND it does more damage!
AND it takes a higher level boff slot
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:24 AM.