Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 61
10-10-2011, 09:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralJumper1
All the lifers have left are the Liberated Borg Captain and the not paying monthly anymore, how about some Liberated Borg Doffs to got with the new F2P? Would be one new thing that can be added, it does say "More on the way!" on the Commit for life page, yet we haven't seen or gotten anything new, just things being given to Veteran rewards.

http://www.startrekonline.com/lifetime
That would be a nice little bonus.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 62
10-10-2011, 09:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralJumper1
Because Gold Members are constantly getting new things, the LTS was promised new things just for us and that has happened and it would go with the Liberated Borg Captain.



Thanks
What have Gold received that LTS hasn't? Last time I looked no one had gotten anything since the beginning of March outside of CStore additions and a couple of double XP events so I can't see what Gold members (of which there are none yet) got that was substantial enough to warrant an LTS specific reward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superluminous
I disagree, since the website boldy states that MORE ON THE WAY.

If you don't think we deserve special, you can give up your 'more on the way' to me when it gets here.

Thanks!

P.S. Love your liberated borg doff idea, it is absolutely brilliant!
I don't feel that LTS 'deserves' a reward just for being an LTS. But if I have to give up the 'more on the way' then I'll give it to someone who actually deserves it rather than someone that just wants more.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 63
10-10-2011, 09:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FurQue
Sorry but thats a moan.
They're not asking for anything that will break the game, just something that will still help them feel special.

Btw. Saying that Lifers are worse for the game than silver members is a little uncalled for. Remember we have already invested in the game, and alot of us continue to invest through the C-store as well. Also silver players are not a bad thing either, hopefuly they will invest in the C-store as well, and help develope the game. I my self I submitted over 60 hours on tribble since it went live (I think the number is much higher than that.) Givin up doing any dailies on my holodeck toons, just to bug test this and help cryptic develop the game. I have submitted over 100 bug tickets, spent countless hours on the fourms, for not that much in return, I appreciate what cryptic is going to give me when everything is done, but I would have done this regardless. Just because I don't pay a monthly subscription doesn't mean I'm a drain on their systems, I contribute in other ways, that are easier for me to do.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 64
10-10-2011, 11:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FurQue
You bought an LTS in Jan this year and you think you can give me lessons in business?

All this money everyone thinks the preorder LTS's provided to boost early development is lies. The game did not have a good start, there was no flood of content in the first 2-3 months like people seem to suggest. I really do think that all that "investment" was simply taken back to base by Atari.

While I have some sympathy for late LTS buyers, be rest assured, this game will NOT be dying before you have a return on your investment. Its a star trek game, and historically, star trek games hang around for years longer than they should, simply because its trek.
I made a calculated risk, I didn't count on the fact that F2P was being considered because I was told at the time it wasn't (Cryptic's words, not mine), and it didn't pay off. I can make a wrong choice and be correct, what you're doing now is deflecting from the real issue.

I don't care what you think or what happened, I never said that Cryptic did things right, I said "If managed correctly" it could have been done. So your whole speech about "Oh hey guys, LTS means it's going F2P!" is completely and entirely inaccurate.

I know, but personally I really don't care man. I'm well off, I can throw 300$ here and there, it doesn't bother me. What bothers me is that people like you decide what a worthwhile investment is for other people -- when you are in no place to do so. For some people it was not worth the investment to simply get a neat little stipend (by near and little, I mean pathetic and virtually non-existent), seeing as they went in with the mindset that "Look at this, it's not going F2P, and I *HAVE* (Take note of that word, HAVE) TO PAY TO PLAY IT.". When it goes F2P, it will turn out that you don't *HAVE* to pay to play it.

Bottom line, maybe the OP's idea isn't the right one, I don't know. What I do know is, due to the simple fact that we took a risk (as I did), then we deserve at least slightly more than your average sub who decides to play it safe and go monthly (or lacks the up front cash). Some risks won't pay off (as some might say mine didn't), so whether it was wrong or right to do doesn't matter, it was done. We risked, we deserve to earn from said risks, not really an arguable point.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 65
10-10-2011, 12:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Militis View Post
I don't feel that LTS 'deserves' a reward just for being an LTS. But if I have to give up the 'more on the way' then I'll give it to someone who actually deserves it rather than someone that just wants more.
The poster I was speaking to got my meaning. It wasn't meant for you anyway. I wasn't speaking to you, nor did I qoute you in my reply.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 66
10-10-2011, 02:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superluminous
The poster I was speaking to got my meaning. It wasn't meant for you anyway. I wasn't speaking to you, nor did I qoute you in my reply.
That's nice, but the point remains. LTS doesn't deserve more, whether it's a special DOff or anything else just because a lump sum was paid up front.
And if it wasn't meant for me you might want to take the 'we' out of your post, you give the impression you're speaking for other lifer's and you certainly don't speak for me. I neither want nor need more, all I ask is that the Gold sub is actually worth something (because unlike some, my LTS isn't even close to paying up yet).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sollaf
They're not asking for anything that will break the game, just something that will still help them feel special.
They need to feel special in a video game? I think I'm missing something here then, I only log in to enjoy the game and chatting to friends, not to feel special.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 67
10-10-2011, 02:25 PM
Let's go ahead and end this discussion before it gets too much more heated guys.

Thanks,

Stormshade
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:12 PM.