Lt. Commander
Just a quick idea I had while derping around

In Star Trek, every once in a while, the crew would come upon a planet that was unusually rich in dilithium ore. Let's have this in STO. Randomly in a star cluster for an exploration mission, you may come upon a planet that has mucho dilithium for you to grab. This wouldn't happen too often, and you'd still be restricted to your daily limit of refinement.

If not as an explore mission, perhaps for a Doff assignment? Send out a Doff to investigate high dilithium deposits, success nets you a decent amount and a critical gets you a metric butt-load of dilithium. Failure, your Doff gets eaten by a giant dilithium monster (ok not really but you get the idea).

Thoughts?
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-10-2011, 02:29 PM
They said in the STOked interview they want to open up area for dilithium mining. Possibly associated for clearing out an event, or relating to fleet progression and starbases. I think its a neat idea, but they need to get the current system hashed out first. Otherwise I don't think there will be enough players left that would really care.
Lt. Commander
# 3
10-10-2011, 03:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainBaldy
Just a quick idea I had while derping around

In Star Trek, every once in a while, the crew would come upon a planet that was unusually rich in dilithium ore. Let's have this in STO. Randomly in a star cluster for an exploration mission, you may come upon a planet that has mucho dilithium for you to grab. This wouldn't happen too often, and you'd still be restricted to your daily limit of refinement.

If not as an explore mission, perhaps for a Doff assignment? Send out a Doff to investigate high dilithium deposits, success nets you a decent amount and a critical gets you a metric butt-load of dilithium. Failure, your Doff gets eaten by a giant dilithium monster (ok not really but you get the idea).

Thoughts?
This is a cool idea, maybe trade nagotations with a planet rich in Dilithium? Also keep the monster, that would be freaking sweet!
Lt. Commander
# 4
10-10-2011, 03:56 PM
+1 you have my vote. maybe ill name all my doffs tasha yar.........