Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 41
10-10-2011, 05:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Husanak View Post
I don't think anyone said they supported the Statues Quo...
Of course we are, I mean I've only complained about FAW, Harg'pengs, mines, carriers, TS, changes to science powers, tac team to name but a FEW, but alas, since I disagree with his personal opinion on beams, I must just be a shill.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 42
10-10-2011, 09:20 PM
[quote=admneal;3800430]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marctraider View Post

Well, doesn't suggestion one and two suppose there is an imbalance? If the solution is just play as an escort.
I think the point is perhaps if you try to fly in the other guys shoes (I guess that being the escort right now) then you might get a better understanding for just how broken healing really is. Honestly killing half decent cruiser pilots in an escort with out either having a second tac escort or... a sci ship supporting is not easy at all. Not that I am saying it should be... seriously though throw in 2 healing cruisers supporting one another and it will take 4 escorts to bring one down.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 43
10-13-2011, 06:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Husanak View Post
seriously though throw in 2 healing cruisers supporting one another and it will take 4 escorts to bring one down.
Ahhh the good old days of decloak - kill. If they only fixed the insane crits, we would not be here today /Rant off
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 44
10-13-2011, 09:24 AM
If healing numbers also reflected how much damage your heals mitigated, threads like this wouldn't even exist. 8 digit healing numbers would be standard and ppl like our op who don't understand how out of control mitigation stacking is would actually "see" the proof at the end of the match. Seems like the only evidence that would work since some ppl are to hard headed to actually try out the class their complaining about
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 45
10-13-2011, 11:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fallout23 View Post
If healing numbers also reflected how much damage your heals mitigated, threads like this wouldn't even exist. 8 digit healing numbers would be standard and ppl like our op who don't understand how out of control mitigation stacking is would actually "see" the proof at the end of the match. Seems like the only evidence that would work since some ppl are to hard headed to actually try out the class their complaining about
Yep all you have to do is Beam Overload someone after a sub nuke to see how hard core mitigations are. Its funny that a BOL 3 on a fully buffed cruiser... will tickle them for a couple thousand points tops... and if they get sub nuked and BOL 3ed again 2 seconds later... you score a 80k crit. lol

Its not the crits that are borked...its the mitigation system that lets dmg go from Insanity to Insanely laughable in 1/2 second. (this isn't a SNB grip either.... just plain facts buffed = god... unbuffed = fodder)

Its also much to easy to score crits in this game to begin with. Crit rate in general needs some sort of reduction... most games where you swing one weapon having 20-30% crit rates isn't too bad a thing as you can't spam attacks so you land crits at a pace that doesn't make for uber burst dmg in general.
In this game you can load multiple weapons that all calculate their own crit chance... they have the crit chance lowered a bit and the best anyone can do is around 14%.... however if you are firing say 8 weapons all with 14% chance at once (one volley) you have a 70% chance to land one crit every volley. It means everything in this game even the undead 8 beam cruisers get way too much burst... which they decided to fix through mitigations... and we have what we have now.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 46
10-13-2011, 12:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Husanak View Post
Yep all you have to do is Beam Overload someone after a sub nuke to see how hard core mitigations are. Its funny that a BOL 3 on a fully buffed cruiser... will tickle them for a couple thousand points tops... and if they get sub nuked and BOL 3ed again 2 seconds later... you score a 80k crit.
You mean an engyteam3 won't cure that? Must be broken...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 47
10-13-2011, 12:50 PM
Speaking of unbalanced, they just pushed out the most OP console ability yet. At least it's on the Klingon side though.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:04 PM.