Lt. Commander
This has only been a problem since yesterday's update. I go to the Skills Trainer and I can't get new abilities for my officers. I click on the appropriate career path and rank and, when I hover over the correct officer in that career path and rank, it gives me some crap about how the person is ineligible to receive that skill (or something to that effect.) I've never had this problem. I have more than enough Starfleet Merits, so I don't know what the problem is. They're all trained up in their previous ranks, so I know that can't be an issue (besides, it never has been in the past.) It's really annoying because I have Lt. and Lt. Cdr. officers who are stuck with abilities in their current ranks that I don't want them to have.
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-07-2011, 01:26 PM
its a known bug as mentioned in the patch notes
Lt. Commander
# 3
10-07-2011, 03:22 PM
Where are the patch notes located?
Lt. Commander
# 4
10-07-2011, 11:59 PM
well patch notes or not they need to fix this ASAP. its not fun when you can not rank up your officers with new abilities to help you level..................
Now i know they are busy etc but they need to get these bugs fixed or this will never be ready for F2P and then those people will be raging here also. I have been playing STO from the beginning in beta when this game first came out and for this to be happening on a test server is good hopefuilly its fixed very soon.
Lt. Commander
Yeah, I had the same issue and opened a ticket in-game. You can retrain your BOs if you have another officer in your BO queue that has the skill you want to train your BO in. All you need to do is commission the officer and then use the Train up option to have him train your BO.

Yes this wastes an officer, but I've received so many that I had to refuse many of them that didn't have any really good skills, just to accept the 7 "New Officer"s that were waiting for me in my mission journal waiting
Lt. Commander
# 6
10-10-2011, 08:49 PM
Probably wouldnt be such a big issue if they didnt go and charge dilithium for bridge officers.

Oh well guess I have to go browse the exchange for powers I want now.
Lt. Commander
# 7
10-10-2011, 11:43 PM
yeah problem is i looked and can not find any officer with what i want. hmmm ok they need to get this fixed and use credits for officer not dithilum too hard to save for ships if you want to buy officers too