Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
A single mine launcher drops one mine only. This mine is stealthy, similar to an MES effect.

Mine Patterns increase the number of a mine drop to 3 / 5 / 8 with a total damage increase of +100% / 200% / 300%. (that means individual mines in a pattern will effectice deal less damage than the single mine, but the total damage is notably increased.)

When a mine hits a ship, it ignores shields, and deals direct hull damage. The damage they inflict is equal to that of a torpedo of their type. The mine recharge is 50 % longer.

Mines could come with an "arming delay", that ensures that you don't use mines like dropping a bomb. (The mines might cloak relatively fast, but require a second or so before they start hunting down enemies. Giving players time to react.)
A player may have up to 3 mines drops (a drop is a mine or a pattern of mines) out for each mine layer.

The Tri-Cobalt Mine type might be the only non-cloaked mine. Reduce the damage output to 33 % but do not increase the recharge time and the additional arming delay. Tric Mines also become affected by Mine Patterns. Trics basically still are more "bombs" then mines then.

So "spamming" with mines would be almost impossible, as they are invisible most of the time. But mines are always threatening, since they ignore shields. And with 5 possible mine drops around, you can actively try to lay traps. (More important in Capture & Hold then Circle-To-Ceiling Arenas. Though I'd mine one of those asteroid donuts.)
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
10-11-2011, 12:49 AM
I'm not entirely sure but I think on Tribble mines already have a cloak/MES effect. At least the mines dropped by Gorn NPCs always vanish after deployment (Never did the Gorn FE to confirm cloaked mines). In the T0 cruiser with 100/50/25/25 power I only see them again when they are already targeting me.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
10-11-2011, 01:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
When a mine hits a ship, it ignores shields, and deals direct hull damage. The damage they inflict is equal to that of a torpedo of their type.
If you were to do that a tricolbolt mine would be the only real option wouldn't you think?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
10-11-2011, 01:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirPretorius
If you were to do that a tricolbolt mine would be the only real option wouldn't you think?
Continue reading my post. Tri-Cobalts would need to be changed, of course.

Quote:
I'm not entirely sure but I think on Tribble mines already have a cloak/MES effect. At least the mines dropped by Gorn NPCs always vanish after deployment (Never did the Gorn FE to confirm cloaked mines). In the T0 cruiser with 100/50/25/25 power I only see them again when they are already targeting me.
Yes, it seemed to me as well. I didn't try player mines yet, though.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
10-11-2011, 01:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirPretorius
If you were to do that a tricolbolt mine would be the only real option wouldn't you think?
It probably would, but as Mustrum has suggested reducing the dmg output of the tricobalts to 33% would make it less of an obvious choice, and bring it back into line, by and large.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
10-11-2011, 02:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
Continue reading my post. Tri-Cobalts would need to be changed, of course.
Sorry i'm getting a bit head of myself here :p
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:59 AM.