Lt. Commander
# 11
10-10-2011, 03:16 PM
we were also told that Merits would be CONVERTED... not "phased out".... wtf is going on there?

and nope ...if it's only dailies where you get the currency then it is not a "time based" currency, then it is the new daily currency, exactly like Emblems are.

Emblems were limited by the amount of dailies you could do every single day.

Dilithium is limited by the 8000 conversion rate from ore to refined.

so there is NULL reason to keep the dailies as dailies, and no reason to only give out dilithium ore for the current dailies.

We do not need 2 Limits.

Is it even possible with the current dailies on Tribble to get those 8000 Ore a day?
did anybody check that?
Lt. Commander
# 12
10-10-2011, 07:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z3R0B4NG View Post

Is it even possible with the current dailies on Tribble to get those 8000 Ore a day?
did anybody check that?
A good question.

480 from Traelus
480 from Shi'mar
480 from Lore daily
1440 from Foundry daily
1440 from B'tran daily
1440 from PVP daily
1440+480+480 from Breen dailies??

Totaled up that's 8160.

So just barely. But only at VA. I don't believe it is possible to even get through the mission chain to open up the Breen dailies before VA (maybe for KDF). You also don't have PVP dailies at lower levels. You might have 2-3 exploration cluster dailies open if you are lucky, but many of them give refined dilithium, not ore. And those exploration dailies stop giving dilithium as you out level them, so you are ultimately forced to only do B'tran exploration for dilithium.

However I should note I haven't even gotten to the Breen dailies so I don't know if they still exist. Alhena daily does not give dilithium on tribble, whether it is intended or not I don't know. B'tran actually has 2 dailies and one gives refined dilithium, which is probably not intended, but I didn't count that one.

Either way that takes a considerable amount of time to do all those things. And of course you have to do every single daily available to get there which means the grind is will be quickly apparent after a few days of doing the same things again and again day after day. I hate the emblem grind as it is right now for that reason.

How much of that will change? Who knows. But I would suggest the 8k limit isn't going to be met by most players without changes.
Lt. Commander
# 13
10-11-2011, 03:18 AM
Pardon my ignorance, but what's a "time-based currency", and why is it a bad thing?
Lt. Commander
# 14
10-11-2011, 06:10 AM
There are other dailies to get dilitihium, at least for now:
- the warzone wrapper mission - do 10 instances for 1100 dilithium ore
- the Academy event, even if it may get very boring after a while - the last time I did it, it took me about 40-45min to gain 60 fragments for 2304 dilithium ore
- the mirror universe event, which at the moment gives a flat 1100 refined dilithium at each succes, which takes about 10min, so you can do more than one mission while the event lasts (and it's also much more fun than the grindfest that is the other two). Of course, there's a chance it will be "fixed".
Lt. Commander
# 15
10-11-2011, 06:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Streakfury View Post
Pardon my ignorance, but what's a "time-based currency", and why is it a bad thing?
Merits and Honors was the only true time based currency in the game, as we got them for everything we did (spending time in game, except being afk all the time).
Dilithium has to be farmed specifically by doing dailies...
Lt. Commander
# 16
10-11-2011, 06:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxrocks
A good question.

480 from Traelus
480 from Shi'mar
480 from Lore daily
1440 from Foundry daily
1440 from B'tran daily
1440 from PVP daily