Lt. Commander
# 91 Exactly...
10-08-2011, 07:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilladog View Post
This class scored high in the poll they ran last year. I'm sure it is much more loved than the Oberth. Why is this on the permanent back-burner?
I think we all deserve that answer. (Especially the paying customers). A simple screenshot would even be enough to give most of us something to hold onto that (at the very least) the Ambassador project has begun.
Lt. Commander
# 92 Also....
10-08-2011, 07:39 PM
Quote:
Agreed. But why was staff rendering the Venture and others but not the Ambassador? The problem is priorities. What will sell better? Classic designs that fans have liked for years or new and knockoff designs made exclusively for STO? I've been waiting over a year for the Ambassador, and liked it since the 90s but just learned about the Venture last month. Why render crazy new tactical ships when we have the New Orleans? Why the Shikahr when there is the Soyuz or Constellation? In fact, I understand there was a Constellation in beta. The problem isn't not having the time, its not having the will.

Of course, I'll probably get banned for expressing my opinion on the matter.
Ever so trying to look at the "bright side", for the past year I have been very patient. That is, until I started seeing a small fleet of new Cryptic-Only ships come into the game recently. You hit the nail right on the head. The Devs need to prioritize starship classes initially by introducing official Star Trek Canon ships into the game. I know of 5 or 6 individuals that were paying customers that have closed their accounts because of issues like this. A couple of them left because the Ambassador Class has been put on the back burner forever. Others left because of other things constantly being pushed back, some left because of issues with The Foundry, and so forth. The Devs have a gold mine of a game in STO, however they need to do a better job listening to the players who pay for, and play the game on a consistent basis. I know they left for a fact because they messaged me and told me they were calling it quits. My point being, It makes no difference whatsoever to me that they lost half a dozen paying customers. but imagine this.....6 more leave....12 more leave...dozens MORE quit. It is not something anyone likes to see, but it should be noted by the devs to at least consider things like that, which are completely preventable and a loss of game revenue.
Lt. Commander
# 93
10-08-2011, 07:42 PM
Quote:
Agreed. But why was staff rendering the Venture and others but not the Ambassador? The problem is priorities. What will sell better? Classic designs that fans have liked for years or new and knockoff designs made exclusively for STO? I've been waiting over a year for the Ambassador, and liked it since the 90s but just learned about the Venture last month. Why render crazy new tactical ships when we have the New Orleans? Why the Shikahr when there is the Soyuz or Constellation? In fact, I understand there was a Constellation in beta. The problem isn't not having the time, its not having the will.

Of course, I'll probably get banned for expressing my opinion on the matter.
I agree the new Akira class ship (thunderchild) is another good example. Very untrek like.
Lt. Commander
# 94
10-09-2011, 11:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mister_dee
Well, I guess you should tell that to the impulse engines on the Defiant as well then.

http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/2717/...0072501092.jpg

THey are much closer to being proportional in the Defiant than the Neb'
Lt. Commander
in the original introduction STO, this video between :39 and :41 seconds shows a ship coming onto the screen from the left to thew right. I tried playing it in slow motion. Is that the Ambassador Class? Or is that a Galaxy class variant? I never noticed it until now, and am trying to study the deflector dish and saucer section, which in my opinion, do not look like a Galaxy class. can someone shed some light on this? The link is below.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gXJx...eature=related
Lt. Commander
# 96
10-10-2011, 02:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by USS_Merriman
in the original introduction STO, this video between :39 and :41 seconds shows a ship coming onto the screen from the left to thew right. I tried playing it in slow motion. Is that the Ambassador Class? Or is that a Galaxy class variant? I never noticed it until now, and am trying to study the deflector dish and saucer section, which in my opinion, do not look like a Galaxy class. can someone shed some light on this? The link is below.....

That is one of the sovereign class varints.
Lt. Commander
# 97 Really???
10-10-2011, 06:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAJ_2011
Really??? It's not the ship in the asteroid field, I was referring to the ship flying above a starbase :41 seconds into the video. Doesn't look anything like a Sovy...
Lt. Commander
# 98
10-11-2011, 06:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by USS_Merriman

It's a Galaxy variant. I can see why you'd think it was an Ambassador. But when you play it slow you can see that it's the deflector dish from a Galaxy along the lines of that class. I believe it has a different saucer section, and maybe the pylons.
Lt. Commander
# 99
10-11-2011, 06:27 AM
Give them time
Lt. Commander
# 100
10-11-2011, 06:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAJ_2011
You on drugs laddie?