Lt. Commander
# 51
09-21-2011, 01:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allegiance86
I really do enjoy reading the responses by people who have learned to be okay with being shafted and just rolling over for corporations even after theyve learned they were had.

People can either be good consumers and refuse to be treated this way (and voting with my wallet isnt always a viable answer. there will continue to be those who buy regardless) or they can be the sheep, who will follow on empty promises and even after its reveal theyve been led to the slaughter house they still gladly walk thru the doors.
I play the game every day, i have fun and i enjoy it. i dont feel shafted and while id love some free points i dont think i automatically deserve them.

what else do you want from me?
Lt. Commander
# 52
09-21-2011, 02:19 PM
Like I said when the F2P Matrix was revealed. They have no intentions of maintaining Subs, the more subs the more money they lose. They have every intention of starving us out of our subs once F2P goes live. The Stipend will surely change or even be taken away in the future.
Lt. Commander
# 53
09-22-2011, 08:03 AM
From the dstahl interview with STOked agreed that they have no intention of maintaining subs and Gold is mainly a bone to throw lifers. However with the Foundry being Gold only that kind of falls on its face - if Silver had access it would be different. That said, they aren't losing money with subs.

Basically they are switching from the traditional American model of maximizing ARPU (average revenue per user) to a volume play. They will be getting more money over all with the volume play - but they will be getting more per person still from Gold members which is why I think they should make Gold more worth it.
Lt. Commander
# 54
09-22-2011, 08:06 AM
Quote:
And til then the sub'ers continue to pay out of pocket for nothing?
^ /10char

Hell, I'm not yelling / crying about it, but yeah....what have I been paying for the past...well 8 months almost?
Lt. Commander
# 55
09-22-2011, 09:56 AM
Quote:
Like I said when the F2P Matrix was revealed. They have no intentions of maintaining Subs, the more subs the more money they lose. They have every intention of starving us out of our subs once F2P goes live. The Stipend will surely change or even be taken away in the future.
You just lost all credibility with this post.

Removing or reducing the stipend would make precicely 0 sense.

"The more subs they have the more money they lose"

How? C-points sale? They are giving us 400 C-points, less than 5$ worth, thats still a net profit of 9$/Month for a sub.
Lt. Commander
# 56
09-22-2011, 06:01 PM
Due to the ever increasing amount of delays and poor technical support effective imediately I have decided to open a new blog entitled STar Trek Online: How I learned to stop loathing and accept the ponzi scheme.
Lt. Commander
# 57
09-22-2011, 08:03 PM
I'm perfectly content to wait for my stipend until I am actually continuing to subscribe during the F2P model. Sure.. it would be a "Sweet" factor if they did start the stipends now, however I think it is best to just wait until the conversion. I, for one, will continue to be a subscriber for as long as I can afford to do so. I will also be keeping my wish alive to one-day become a Lifetime member, regardless of the F2P model.
Lt. Commander
# 58
10-11-2011, 06:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by attilio View Post
I disagree. Some people who are subscribers will be switching to free accounts once F2P is released. Why should they get a stipend? Sure you can argue "lifers should start getting the stipend" but then that's not fair to people who are paying and will continue to pay. The F2P model needs to be put in place for any features of it to take affect.
I've been a subscriber for over a year now and did spend a lot of money in the C-Store as well. I don't really care for the 400c every month if I stay a subscriber, heck with 400c a month I have to wait 5 months before I can buy certain ships :-) I'd rather buy C-Store points immediately.

I do have a question though, if I change my Subscriber account to a F2P account, will they take away any items that I already have? That is my only concern, if I can keep my current items I'd switch to F2P in a heartbeat. I am already maxed out on all the best items on all 4 toons. (as it stands currently)

Thanks
Lt. Commander
# 59
10-11-2011, 09:00 AM
I have an alternative suggestion :-

When Lord Of The Rings : Online (LOTRO) went F2P they issued loyalty rewards to their players. This was broken down like this.

1) 500 points for each completed calendar month you stayed subscribed since F2P was announced

2) 500 Points for each anniversary

3) LTS received 1000 points bonus

4) Those who pre-ordered the game received 500 points

Now I am fully aware that STO hasn't been around as long as LOTRO has but this was a nice, well received gesture from turbine when they announced it. I am also aware that LOTRO only introduced there cash shop when they went F2P where as STO has had it since launch.

Quick example using the numbers above and assuming F2P launches 3 months after it was announced:-

500 * 3 months active sub = 1500
1 anniversary = 500
LTS = 1000
Pre-Order = 500

1500+500+1000+500 = 3500 Points

If Cryptic adopted a similar approach I would not be surprised if the figures were reduced.