Lt. Commander
# 11
10-11-2011, 04:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KTagloH View Post
I wonder if the keybind files can be used to set options from holodeck to tribble.
Yes they can

Use bind save to create the text files on holodeck.

Then either; copy them into the folder for Tribble (Beta) or Redshirt (Playtest), or simply use bind load command using the full address for the text file (e.g. C:\...).

Quote:
Originally Posted by xTH3xR34P3Rx
another way is to go into HUD tab and click on Save UI then click Load UI for each toon (the ui_settings.txt file saves all the settings, the other files are for backup and editing/finetuning the controls for me mainly)
Interesting that they output to a text file like binds, I'll have to test and see if this can be ported between clients. I'm partially sighted, and make extensive changes to the standard settings to make the game playable. Having a way to back up these changes and easily apply them to the redshirt/tribble clients, or reapply after a reinstall would be very useful.
Lt. Commander
# 12
10-11-2011, 08:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWard1701 View Post
Interesting that they output to a text file like binds, I'll have to test and see if this can be ported between clients. I'm partially sighted, and make extensive changes to the standard settings to make the game playable. Having a way to back up these changes and easily apply them to the redshirt/tribble clients, or reapply after a reinstall would be very useful.
its the same as copying over the bindings cept it copies all your UI settings aswell, just copy over the the playtest/beta folder and click load UI under hud for each character.