Lt. Commander
# 1 VA ships now C-Store Only
10-11-2011, 05:54 AM
When I leveled a tac officer to VA on Holodeck one of the things I was able to get right away was the defiant retrofit, without buying it from the C-Store. I was able to just spend the VA ship token for this vessel. Now on tribble for the f2p test I just got another tac up to VA, and went to look at the ship selections.

Not only do you not receive any delithium at VA or RA upper half, you also do not get a chance to pick up a retrofit ship for your new VA. As it stands now, the only way to get the retrofit ships for any character is to buy them from the C-store. I think this counts as yet another thing that is being taken away from all subscribers.
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-11-2011, 06:12 AM
Do you get a mission to purchase a ship at VA1 to complete your promotion?
Lt. Commander
# 3
10-11-2011, 06:48 AM
I'm not sure if I received that mission... I'll check in a few days with my Klingon when she gets up to the VA1 equivalent.

Things that you unlocked on Holodeck didn't carry over to Tribble, but I do hope that the VA ships stay accessible to everybody. So far I only ever bought the MVA and Garumba seige destroyer.

I don't think it'd help with attaining players if you suddenly remove their options to fly around in the end-game ships.

I'm guessing that this is one of those bugs that need to get worked out and wasn't done intentionally though. At least, that's what I hope.
Lt. Commander
# 4
10-11-2011, 09:32 AM
just reached va and no dilithium or refit ship. and op is right no dilithium at upper promotion. HMMMM

stuck in a ship i don't want or like.

Fingers crossed this is a bug.
Lt. Commander
# 5
10-11-2011, 09:41 AM
pretty sure this is NOT a bug guys.....fortunatly i have cstore ships already.......so either grind out the dilith or....break out the wallet
Lt. Commander
# 6
10-11-2011, 09:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jentai View Post
pretty sure this is NOT a bug guys.....fortunatly i have cstore ships already.......so either grind out the dilith or....break out the wallet

Pretty much the slogan for STO when F2P hits is = pay or grind.
Lt. Commander
# 7
10-11-2011, 10:18 AM
I think this is a bug, all the C-store ships locked when they brought up the test C-store, however they clearly had dilithium prices before. There may be a bug that is not allowing the ships to be purchased both ways right now.
Lt. Commander
# 8
10-11-2011, 10:22 AM
yup just had the same problem.. had a rubbish galaxy i saved up for at captain, battled my way up to VA and got told, tuff you have to save for a months or go buy one in the c-store to get a new ship.

Now if i was a silver member, thats fine, but as a gold thats rubbish... silver/free members can grind, gold members should get a free VA ship like we currently do..

All i can see is SWG NGP happening all over again and it breaks my hart.
Lt. Commander
# 9
10-11-2011, 10:42 AM
Both the RAUH and VA promotions you get from Quinn on Tribble say you get a ship plaque for a new ship. I didn't get a plaque either time. I'm pretty sure the text is a holdover from Holodeck and will be changed to "Hey, nice job grinding, Buttercup. Visit the C-$tore if you want a better ship" or something similar. Basically, no ships or Dilithium at RAUH or VA and all the retrofits are C-$tore only (now with inflated prices!). Grinding isn't even an option at VA anymore. Now it's just pay-or-pay.

Z
Lt. Commander
# 10
10-11-2011, 10:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jentai View Post
so either grind out the dilith or....break out the wallet
STO's new mantra.