Lt. Commander
# 11
10-11-2011, 09:58 AM
Seems like the more I read, the less difference there is between subed and silver. Both lead you right to the C-Store, everytime, all the time.
Lt. Commander
# 12
10-11-2011, 10:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esquire View Post
Seems like the more I read, the less difference there is between subed and silver. Both lead you right to the C-Store, everytime, all the time.
I have to admit I am seeing the same thing and it's my greatest concern.
Lt. Commander
# 13
10-11-2011, 10:58 AM
There is almost no incentive for people to remain subbed right now as the only real difference are venteran rewards and some other things you can get for purchases in the C-store that are less than the price of a subscription. The loss of the free ship at RAUH isn't much of an issue since the ships you choose form are the same as RALH but the free ship at VA shouldn't be taken away as VA is a new rank that unlocks new ships on Holodeck. Reaching VA should not be okay now you unlock new ships... sorry all the new ships you can buy are C-store only...oh and we're jacking up the prices on them too... BOHICA!

The Ferengi have bought Starfleet and now it is all a money making scheme for the Orion Syndicate!
Lt. Commander
# 14
10-11-2011, 10:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SatansHell View Post
Pretty much the slogan for STO when F2P hits is = pay or grind.
That is wrong, as there is no grind method with VA ships, it is just pay or do without.
Lt. Commander
# 15
10-11-2011, 11:37 AM
it is not just VA ships... you need to purchase commander and captain ships too..

i didn't get any dilithium during my promotion. so i had to GRIND!!!
Lt. Commander
# 16
10-11-2011, 12:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew.Felix
There is almost no incentive for people to remain subbed right now as the only real difference are venteran rewards and some other things you can get for purchases in the C-store that are less than the price of a subscription. The loss of the free ship at RAUH isn't much of an issue since the ships you choose form are the same as RALH but the free ship at VA shouldn't be taken away as VA is a new rank that unlocks new ships on Holodeck. Reaching VA should not be okay now you unlock new ships... sorry all the new ships you can buy are C-store only...oh and we're jacking up the prices on them too... BOHICA!

The Ferengi have bought Starfleet and now it is all a money making scheme for the Orion Syndicate!
To be fair, when this thing hits live on holodeck, their wont be an incentive to play period!
Lt. Commander
# 17
10-11-2011, 12:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew.Felix
That is wrong, as there is no grind method with VA ships, it is just pay or do without.
Touche, I thought you could buy them with dilithium, if thats not the case, then you are indeed correct .
Lt. Commander
# 18
10-11-2011, 02:37 PM
Looks like this is true to me. I cannot get a Defiant Retrofit without visiting the C-store on tribble.

Please can a dev confirm that this is intentional or not.

If it is please accept my resignation as I \ragequit.
Lt. Commander
# 19
10-11-2011, 03:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirai View Post
Do you get a mission to purchase a ship at VA1 to complete your promotion?
I'm pretty sure I did. I remember quinn telling me to buy a ship when I got promoted.
Lt. Commander
# 20
10-11-2011, 03:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by athenaX
I'm pretty sure I did. I remember quinn telling me to buy a ship when I got promoted.
Yeah, but you don't get a ship plaque, token or Dilithium. I'm guessing the devs just forgot to change the text.

Z