Lt. Commander
# 11
10-11-2011, 03:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zordar View Post
And it confirmed (to me) that linear mission paths are intentional.
Linear mission paths, or a single linear mission path? If they were splitting this up and opening up alternate I wouldn't care, it's this, everyone has to do every single f_cking mission sh_t without any deviation that really strikes me as the problem.
Lt. Commander
# 12
10-11-2011, 05:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarkeRealm View Post
Linear mission paths, or a single linear mission path? If they were splitting this up and opening up alternate I wouldn't care, it's this, everyone has to do every single f_cking mission sh_t without any deviation that really strikes me as the problem.
It is a single linear mission progression where we must do each mission, in story order, before we can move on to the next mission. It is, in my opinion, a huge mistake for the simple fact that every mission is now a potential roadblock to players. Oh, mission X is bugged and you can't turn it in? Well, enjoy the DOff system because you're stuck until it gets fixed - whenever that will be. That happened on Tribble with Stop the Signal and it will happen again with some other mission. Every patch has the potential to turn forced mission progression into epic frustration for players. How the devs can't see this is beyond me.

I'm trying to think of a C-$tore reason for this change and I can't see it. It's got to be there, though, because money would be the only reason to do this. I don't buy the 'less confusing' rationale because they could have left the progression alone and added the mission Overview like we have now on Tribble. That way everyone would know what mission came next in the story but would be free to do other stuff.

Maybe that's the draw? Maybe they'll add freeform mission progression as a Gold account perk? I don't know. It doesn't make a whole lot of sense on its own.

Z
Lt. Commander
# 13
10-11-2011, 06:54 PM
They wrote the storyline and you will enjoy it or you can go elsewhere seems to be the message here.