Lt. Commander
# 11
10-10-2011, 11:19 AM
In order to avoid overpoweredness, they would probably put up bo's pack.. Similar to what on tribble right now with duty officers pack. Maybe offer an all engineer pack with a chance to get an epic B O....
Lt. Commander
# 12
10-10-2011, 11:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dre256 View Post
Wait, wait so your telling me my andorian with 2 space traits is useless.. Hmmm I beg to differ. Why would you need all borg B O's my understanding is that you can only get the stat boost from one, as it doesn't stack. Can any other verify if the power boost stack or not?
Yep, they stack for what it's worth. The power increase is minimal though.
Lt. Commander
# 13
10-11-2011, 09:26 PM
I'd like for this to happen, if only for the ability to create an assimilated-themed crew and ship. My question is, why is there only an assimilated ENG Boff? A simple way around the whole 'they could start off the game with sooo many ENG Boffs' could be that an assimilated tac Boff is offered later, a sci Boff... so on and so forth. Or just make it to where you can't claim more than one until you're VA.
Lt. Commander
# 14
10-12-2011, 07:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feklars_Hammer
I'd like for this to happen, if only for the ability to create an assimilated-themed crew and ship. My question is, why is there only an assimilated ENG Boff? A simple way around the whole 'they could start off the game with sooo many ENG Boffs' could be that an assimilated tac Boff is offered later, a sci Boff... so on and so forth. Or just make it to where you can't claim more than one until you're VA.
It started life as a pre-order bonus, and was moved into the C-Store from there, or so I believe. That's how i got mine anyways.

And I have a Science Borg BO from the Khitomer Accord STF, so that one is in game.

About the only one we are missing is the Tactical Borg, which I am still waiting to see in game.

Edit: On topic: Having an army of Borg BOs would take a lot of the fun out of the game (unless of course, you are playing as an assimilated ship), and totally unbalance the game at low levels.
Lt. Commander
# 15
10-12-2011, 08:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bort1980 View Post
It started life as a pre-order bonus, and was moved into the C-Store from there, or so I believe. That's how i got mine anyways.

And I have a Science Borg BO from the Khitomer Accord STF, so that one is in game.

About the only one we are missing is the Tactical Borg, which I am still waiting to see in game.

Edit: On topic: Having an army of Borg BOs would take a lot of the fun out of the game (unless of course, you are playing as an assimilated ship), and totally unbalance the game at low levels.
How would it unbalance the game at low levels to be able to claim multiple Liberated Borg Engineer officers?

You only get the bonus for crew that are assigned to a station. Only cruisers and the Nebula can have more than one engineer prior to admiral level. And you can requisition officers for starfleet merits. So you can pretty easily get a full crew roster. If having one isn't a balance issue at low levels than having 2 should not be either (most ships can't even benefit, and the ones that can still aren't' an all Efficient crew).

You'd get more balance issues with the captain species that have Efficient Captain as that's an equivalent bonus to the same skills as two officers with Efficient, in my opinion.
Lt. Commander
# 16
10-12-2011, 08:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtlewing View Post
How would it unbalance the game at low levels to be able to claim multiple Liberated Borg Engineer officers?

You only get the bonus for crew that are assigned to a station. Only cruisers and the Nebula can have more than one engineer prior to admiral level. And you can requisition officers for starfleet merits. So you can pretty easily get a full crew roster. If having one isn't a balance issue at low levels than having 2 should not be either (most ships can't even benefit, and the ones that can still aren't' an all Efficient crew).

You'd get more balance issues with the captain species that have Efficient Captain as that's an equivalent bonus to the same skills as two officers with Efficient, in my opinion.
Maybe not so much in space, but the ground parts of the tutorial? Running around with 4 Borg following you in the tutorial is a little excessive. Or even after the tutorial, when you are starting out. You don't have the full set of BOs when rescuing the Azura, for example.

Plus, stack your squad of Borg engineers with your Engineering Team skill, and that makes every one of your away team better.
Lt. Commander
# 17
10-12-2011, 08:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bort1980 View Post
Maybe not so much in space, but the ground parts of the tutorial? Running around with 4 Borg following you in the tutorial is a little excessive. Or even after the tutorial, when you are starting out. You don't have the full set of BOs when rescuing the Azura, for example.

Plus, stack your squad of Borg engineers with your Engineering Team skill, and that makes every one of your away team better.
I have doubts about the accuracy of those claims. Can you bring more than one officer along for the tutorial (it looks like it's the same as "Mine Enemy" where you only get one officer to accompany you)? Also Don't you only have 4 Boff slots at Lt level? (If you want to get a trivial benefit at ground by sacrificing two Boff powers in space I say go for it)

Also I can't really bring myself to care if the tutorial is too easy. It's you know... a tutorial.

As for the number of officers you have for the Azura and other low level missions. There is some relevance there, but Alts can already start Azura with a full set of purple Boffs, and you can requisition Boffs from a vender in ESD. So claiming multiple Liberated Borg officers would not create a new problem. It would just be a subset of existing possible balance issues with the early game.

Honestly though, I don't see any point in making the Liberated Borg claimable multiple times. I'd rather see other borg officers added, to other parts of the game.