Lt. Commander
# 81
09-12-2011, 04:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commodore_Stipe
That's subjective. You would only be correct in the narrow realm of PvP... which a vast majority don't do or do very little. In PvE it wouldn't really matter all that much. Sure they might be slightly more powerfull but it will make little differnce to the overall community.
I also agree with this.
Lt. Commander
# 82
09-12-2011, 04:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commodore_Stipe
Your captains table suggestion is spot on and something I have been advocating. You didn't happen to steal part of it from my thread found in the Free to Play Q and A did you? Not the I care just wondering
Honestly, I don't remember. The only new part of my suggestion is the "fleet deck", the rest of it I have been suggesting for more than a year.

That stated....

stormshade / dev

Please either close this thread or move it to the F2P forum. We don't need this stuff taking over other boards too.
Lt. Commander
# 83
10-12-2011, 04:50 AM
I think the gold perk that the game will need, at least the way it is currently on Tribble:

Premium ships must be availabe in game, to be directly bought for Refined Dilithium, per character. Gold accounts only. The price logically needs to be a little higher than regular ships of the tier, so there would still be strong incentives to acquire them via the C-Store. But there would be a purely in-game method for gold players.
Lt. Commander
# 84
10-12-2011, 05:42 AM
I'd be happy with a doubled up stipend
Lt. Commander
# 85
10-12-2011, 05:45 AM
The option to completely ignore the new fiasco that is the dilithium system and use the merit/mark/emblem currency system that currently works in game.
Lt. Commander
# 86
10-12-2011, 08:20 AM
I would love to see a android/ios app for managing doffs and inventory, maybe exchange as well for gold members.
Lt. Commander
# 87
10-12-2011, 08:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by V-Mink
If we're going with the ideas that CO came up with then the few I mentioned in another post would work:

One idea is to make character power customization available to golds. Open up the entire skill tree to all Golds.

Another is to make custom kits available for creation to Golds.

These ideas would take time to code and work on. I think there's a faster way to get something in to the matrix for the golds: Remove the skill point cap.
Oh, those would both be awesome. I've long wanted custom kits--even if I can't have, say, a phaser turret in my Tac kit, I'd like to be able to get a mix of sweeping strikes, lunge, ambush, and battle strategies (yeah, it's operative minus stealth, but stealth was useless for so long my strategy adapted to ambush and move into melee without it). I don't see how kit customization *at least* within one's career would be bad. If any particular mixes turn out to be OP... well, can't we mix them already just by having more than one player or BOff?

Here's an idea--make kits into sets of "modules". they function identically to now, except Golds can get modules individually/ break kits apart into their modules. (Modules isn't a word anymore ffff--) The modules are the individual powers, obviously, and would be ranked as they are now (I to III).

Golds' kit slots could be broken into 4 module slots, and they have some number of points based on their level. Equipping modules costs points equal to the module's rank. So if you have 4 points, you could have 2 rank II modules, 4 rank I, or 1 rank I and 1 rank III.

What would be really awesome is if you could equip cross-career modules--maybe at double the point cost?

All the same, Silvers would be stuck with the current preset kits.

I'm not familiar with CO, really, but from what I do know this sounds a lot like the archetypes vs. freeform they have going on.

Plus, gosh dang it I love me some customization.

On other ideas: I love some of the Captain's Table perks. I like that place; it would be nice for it to be more, y'know, useful. Particularly, I support the transportation hub idea. Just slap some of them ol' Aenigma Nebulas in most if not all sectors, or at least in systems in the sectors (K-7, DS9, 39-Sierra, etc., maybe?). Then you can get to the captain's table from many different places and likewise get to many different places from the Table. And it makes sense given what the Table's supposed to be and that it's accessible from both ESD and Q'onos.

Last thing to put out there for thoughts: Some other Captain's Table-like premium perks on, say, Risa? Akin to VIP access... (Though also on Vulcan and Andoria and maybe the Orion homeworld or some such. )
Lt. Commander
# 88
10-12-2011, 08:57 AM
Personally I would make it so subscribing provided the benefits in the published matrix in addition to the following:

+10% more DL per mission which awards DL.
+50% higher daily refining limit on DL.

Lt. Commander
# 89
10-12-2011, 09:19 AM
How about making the +1 ship skins obtainable in game for gold members only either by dilithium, cometing set tasks, or a combination of the two. Once the skin became unlocked, then the console for that skin would become available in the C-Store. This way, for the gold members that dont want the console dont need to spend the amount of money for the ship and those that do, still buys it via the store, just not atthe cost of the ship
Lt. Commander
# 90
10-12-2011, 09:32 AM
An "Tuned Transwarp Coil" which allows you to warp to a friend or guildmate once per 6 hours.
(Similar "technology" as used in the referral program)